Hand-Eye Calibration and Inverse Kinematics of Robot Arm Using Neural Network
Traditional technologies for solving hand-eye calibration and inverse kinematics are cumbersome and time consuming due to the high nonlinearity in the models. An alternative to the traditional approaches is the artificial neural network inspired by the remarkable abilities of the animals in different tasks. This paper describes the theory and implementation of neural networks for hand-eye calibration and inverse kinematics of a six degrees of freedom robot arm equipped with a stereo vision system. The feedforward neural network and the network training with error propagation algorithm are applied. The proposed approaches are validated in experiments. The results indicate that the hand-eye calibration with simple neural network outperforms the conventional method. Meanwhile, the neural network exhibits a promising performance in solving inverse kinematics.
KeywordsNeural Network Calibration Inverse Kinematics Robot Arm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Smisek, J., Jancosek, M., Pajdla, T.: 3d with kinect. In: Consumer Depth Cameras for Computer Vision, pp. 3–25. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Strobl, K.H., Hirzinger, G.: Optimal hand-eye calibration. In: The Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4647–4653. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Spong, M.W., Hutchinson, S., Vidyasagar, M.: Robot modeling and control. John Wiley & Sons, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Bayramoglu, E., Andersen, N.A., Ravn, O., Poulsen, N.K.: Pre-trained neural networks used for non-linear state estimation. In: The Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications and Workshops (ICMLA), vol. 1, pp. 304–310. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Ahmed, M.T., Hemayed, E.E., Farag, A.A.: Neurocalibration: a neural network that can tell camera calibration parameters. In: The Proceedings of the Seventh IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 463–468. IEEE (1999)Google Scholar
- 15.Bouguet, J.-Y.: Camera calibration toolbox for matlab (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.Haykin, S.: Neural networks: a comprehensive foundation. Prentice Hall PTR (1994)Google Scholar
- 17.Norgaard, M.: Neural networks for modelling and control of dynamic systems: A practitioner’s handbook. Springer (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.Heaton, J.: Introduction to neural networks with Java. Heaton Research St. Louis 200 (2005)Google Scholar
- 19.Rumelhart, D.E., Hinton, G.E., Williams, R.J.: Learning representations by back-propagating errors. Cognitive Modeling 1, 213 (2002)Google Scholar