Fuzzy-Tuning PID Controller for Nonlinear Electromagnetic Levitation System
In the paper we derive a dynamic model of the magnetic levitation system and propose a Fuzzy-Tuning PID (FTP) controller that selects the parameters of the PID controller by using fuzzy inference system. Conventional PID controller can be applied to control the electromagnet levitation. However, it is uncertain in case of load and airgap change. To solve the problem, we designed fuzzy rules of FTP considering the control response of system. We estimate the optimal parameters of PID controller through four performance indices and show the performance of PID control system in case of load and airgap response change. The performance of PID controller is compared with the proposed FTP controller. The performance of proposed system was not only faster rising time, settle time and reduced overshoot but also greater flexibility than conventional PID controller.
KeywordsMagnetic levitation system fuzzy-tuning PID control fuzzytuning PID controller performance indices
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alvarez-Sánchez, E., Alvarez-Gallegos, J., Castro-Linares, R.: Modeling and Controller Design of a Magnetic Levitation System. In: International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering and XI Conference on Electrical Engineering, Mexico (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Groning, I., Zickermann, R., Henneberger, G.: Design of A State Control for A Solid-Coupled Magnetic Levitation Transport System. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, vol. 1, pp. 658–661 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Concept of Electromagnet in Maglev Application Engineering Essay, http://www.ukessay--s.com/essays/engineering
- 6.Zulfatman, Rahmat, M.F.: Applicationof Self-Tuning Fuzzy PID Controlleron Industrial Hydraulic Actuator Using System Identification Approach. International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems 2(2) (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Malessham, G., Rajani, A.: AutomaticTunning of Controller Using Fuzzy Logic. In: International Conference on Development and Application Systems, pp. 120–127 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Natsheh, E., Buragga, K.A.: Comparison between Conventional and Fuzzy Logic PID Controllers for Controlling DC Motors. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues 7(5) (2010)Google Scholar