Using Materialized View as a Service of Scallop4SC for Smart City Application Services
Smart city provides various value-added services by collecting large-scale data from houses and infrastructures within a city. However, it takes a long time and man-hour and needs knowledge about big data processing for individual applications to use and process the large-scale raw data directly. To reduce the response time, we use the concept of materialized view of database, and materialized view to be as a service. And we propose materialized view to be as as service (MVaaS). In our proposition, a developer of an application can efficiently and dynamically use large-scale data from smart city by describing simple data specification without considering distributed processes and materialized views. In this paper, we design an architecture of MVaaS using MapReduce on Hadoop and HBase KVS. And we demonstrate the effectiveness of MVaaS through three case studies. If these services uses raw data, it needs enormous time of calculation and is not realistic.
Keywordslarge-scale house log materialized view high-speed and efficient data access MapReduce KVS HBase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.IBM: Apply new analytic tools to reveal new opportunities, http://wwiw.bm.com/smarterplanet/nz/en/business_analytics/article/it_business_intelligence.html
- 4.Celino, I., Contessa, S., Corubolo, M., Dell’Aglio, D., Valle, E.D., Fumeo, S., Krüger, T.: Urbanmatch - linking and improving smart cities data. In: Linked Data on the Web, LDOW 2012 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.IBM: eHealth and collaboration - collaborative care and wellness, http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/nz/en/healthcare_solutions/nextsteps/solution/X056151Y25842W14.html
- 6.Hu, C., Chen, N.: Geospatial sensor web for smart disaster emergency processing. In: International Conference on GeoInformatics (Geoinformatics 2011), pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Yamamoto, S., Matumoto, S., Nakamura, M.: Using cloud technologies for large-scale house data in smart city. In: International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom 2012), pp. 141–148 (December 2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Takahashi, K., Yamamoto, S., Okushi, A., Matsumoto, S., Nakamura, M.: Design and implementation of service api for large-scale house log in smart city cloud. In: International Workshop on Cloud Computing for Internet of Things (IoTCloud 2012), pp. 815–820 (December 2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Ise, Y., Yamamoto, S., Matsumoto, S., Nakamura, M.: In: International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing, SNPD 2013 (2012) (to appear)Google Scholar