Exploiting No-SQL DB for Implementing Lifelog Mashup Platform
To support efficient integration of heterogeneous lifelog service, we have previously proposed and implemented a lifelog mashup platform consisting of the lifelog common data model (LLCDM) and the lifelog mashup API (LLAPI) to access the standardized data. The LLCDM has standardized columns which is application-independent. And it has application-specific data (i.e. JSON format text of API response of a lifelog service) in the <content> column as a plain text. But because the LLCDM repository is implemented using the relational database, we can’t access to the <content> column data directory, and select out a particular field of it via the LLAPI. To cope with these problems, we exploited the lifelog mashup platform with the document-oriented No-SQL database MongoDB for the LLCDM repository. And, we conduct a case study developing an application of retrieving Twitter’s posts involving URLs.
Keywordslifelog mashup no-SQL mongoDB web services api
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Trend Watching.com: Life caching – an emerging consumer trend and related new business ideas, http://trendwatching.com/trends/LIFE_CACHING.htm
- 2.Twitter, http://twitter.com/
- 3.Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/.
- 4.foursquare, http://foursquare.com/.
- 5.Lorenzo, G.D., Hacid, H., Young Paik, H., Benatallah, B.: Data integration in mashups. ACM 38, 59–66 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Shimojo, A., Matsuimoto, S., Nakamura, M.: Implementing and evaluating life-log mashup platform using rdb and web services. In: The 13th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS 2011), pp. 503–506 (December 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Padhy, R.P., Patra, M.R., Satapathy, S.C.: Rdbms to nosql: Reviewing some next-generation non-relational databases. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Science and Technologies 11(1), 15–30 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Bunch, C., Chohan, N., Krintz, C., Chohan, J., Kupferman, J., Lakhina, P., Li, Y., Nomura, Y.: Key-value datastores comparison in appscale (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Milanović, A., Mijajlović, M.: A survey of post-relational data management and nosql movementGoogle Scholar
- 11.10gen, Inc.: Mongodb, http://www.mongodb.org/
- 12.Morphia, https://github.com/mongodb/morphia
- 13.Hibernate-Validator, http://www.hibernate.org/subprojects/validator.html
- 14.Jersey, http://jersey.java.net/