The Approach to Image Classification by Hybrid Linguistic Method
Image retrieval has become a popular field in computer science. Nevertheless, there are many efforts needed to be done to solve the problems that to retrieval images by using logical inference or abstract attributes. In this paper a group of linguistic descriptors and textures set is formed. This word-texture set are then used to select images from database. The experiment results were successful and suggested that our hypothesis is very promising and practical.
Keywordscontent-based image retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Liu, Y., Zhang, D.S., Lu, G., Ma, W.Y.: A Survey of Content-based Image Retrieval with high-level Semantics. Pattern Recognition, 262–282 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Datta, R., Joshi, D., Li, J., Wang, J.Z.: Image Retreival:Ideas, Influence, and Trends of New Age. ACM Computing Survey 40(2), Article 5 (April 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Mandelbrot, B.: Fractals-forms, chance and dimension. W. H. Freeman and Company (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Kulkarni, S., Verma, B.: Fussy Logic based Texture Queries in CBIR. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, ICCIMA 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Chu, C.-Y., Lin, H.-C., Yang, S.-N.: Texture Retrieval Based on Linguistic Descriptor. In: International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Chang, S.-F., Chen, W., Sundaram, H.: Semantic Visual Template: Linking Visual Features to Semantics. In: International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Shih, A.-Z.: A New Approach of texture examination by 1-D similarity. In: International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernatics (2013)Google Scholar