Intelligent Wizard for Human Language Interaction in Business Intelligence
This chapter presents a novel extension to TARGIT’s patented meta-morphing called “The Intelligent Wizard”. Firstly, we compare the currently patent-pending Intelligent Wizard to prior art. Secondly, we present the Intelligent Wizard as implemented in a real-world industrial Business Intelligence (BI) application. Finally, we demonstrate by concrete examples that the Intelligent Wizard allows a user to navigate a real-world data warehouse using only human language and knowledge of business terms, thus significantly simplifying the generation of analytics and reports.
This work was supported by TARGIT US inc.
- 1.Few, S.: Show Me the Numbers: Designing Tables and Graphs to Enlighten, 2nd edn. Analytics Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Middelfart, M.: CALM: Computer Aided Leadership & Management. iUniverse (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Middelfart, M.: Presentation of data using meta-morphing. United States Patent 7,779,018. Issued August 17, 2010Google Scholar
- 4.Middelfart, M.: Method and user interface for making a presentation of data using meta-morphing. United States Patent 7,783,628. Issued August 24, 2010Google Scholar
- 5.Middelfart, M.: Hyper related OLAP. United States Patent 8,468,444. Issued June 18, 2013Google Scholar
- 6.Sallam, R.L., Richardson, J., Hagerty, J., Hostmann, B.: Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms. www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/reprints/oracle/article180/article180.html April 28, 2011
- 7.The TARGIT Blog. Entry by Jens-Jacob Thuun Aarup, Sales & Marketing Director, Inspari. http://www.targit.com/en/resources/targitcommunity/targit-blog July 31, 2013