Intelligent Wizard for Human Language Interaction in Business Intelligence
This chapter presents a novel extension to TARGIT’s patented meta-morphing called “The Intelligent Wizard”. Firstly, we compare the currently patent-pending Intelligent Wizard to prior art. Secondly, we present the Intelligent Wizard as implemented in a real-world industrial Business Intelligence (BI) application. Finally, we demonstrate by concrete examples that the Intelligent Wizard allows a user to navigate a real-world data warehouse using only human language and knowledge of business terms, thus significantly simplifying the generation of analytics and reports.
KeywordsExecutable Function Business Intelligence Input Element Formal Syntax Presentation Property
This work was supported by TARGIT US inc.
- 1.Few, S.: Show Me the Numbers: Designing Tables and Graphs to Enlighten, 2nd edn. Analytics Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Middelfart, M.: CALM: Computer Aided Leadership & Management. iUniverse (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Middelfart, M.: Presentation of data using meta-morphing. United States Patent 7,779,018. Issued August 17, 2010Google Scholar
- 4.Middelfart, M.: Method and user interface for making a presentation of data using meta-morphing. United States Patent 7,783,628. Issued August 24, 2010Google Scholar
- 5.Middelfart, M.: Hyper related OLAP. United States Patent 8,468,444. Issued June 18, 2013Google Scholar
- 6.Sallam, R.L., Richardson, J., Hagerty, J., Hostmann, B.: Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms. www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/reprints/oracle/article180/article180.html April 28, 2011
- 7.The TARGIT Blog. Entry by Jens-Jacob Thuun Aarup, Sales & Marketing Director, Inspari. http://www.targit.com/en/resources/targitcommunity/targit-blog July 31, 2013