Using Fuzzy Logic for Improving the Control Performance of Digital Servo Drives with Elastic Coupling
In the paper a method for improving the control performance for a typical digital servo drive with a torsionable lead-screw and nonlinear static friction is presented. The method is based on employing an additional feedback the operational intensity of which is determined by means of fuzzy logic. Computer simulations show that the presented solution provides high control accuracy for motions at velocities close to zero and stepwise changes in the position set-point.
Keywordsservo drive control performance lead-screw PI controller elastic coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ACOPOS – Users manual, Bernecker & RainerGoogle Scholar
- 2.Broel-Plater, B.: A method for performance of low-speed control designed for a digital servo drive. Przegląd Elektrotechniczny 88(10a), 74–79 (2012) (in polish)Google Scholar
- 4.Kamiński, M., Orłowska-Kowalska, T.: Application of Radial Basic Funktion Neural Networki in speed control of the driver with elastic connection. SENE (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Krishnan, R.: Motor Drives – Modeling, analysis and Control. Prentice Hall (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Makkapati, V.P., Reinchhartinger, M., Horn, M.: Performed Improvement of a Servo Drives with Mechanical Elasticity via Extended Acceleration Feedback. In: IEEE Intern. Conf. on Control Application, Dubrownik, pp. 1279–1284 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Suh, S.-H., Kang, S.-K., et al.: Theory and Design of CMC Systems. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar