In this chapter, I conclude the discussion of my work on Semantic Publishing. In particular, I summarise my own personal contributions in order to address one of the main issues of this field, i.e., the linking of a text to the formal representation of its meaning and thus the representation of its structure and of its argumentative discourse. In addition, I summarise my own contribution on the development of interfaces to hide the complexity of markup and ontology formalisms behind user-friendly views in order to help users of Semantic Publishing (e.g., scholars, publishers, archivists, librarians, etc.) that may have difficulties in interacting with Semantic Publishing technologies. Finally, I conclude the chapter introducing planned future works for all the languages, models and tools presented.
KeywordsOntology Development Open Linked Data Argumentative Discourse Ontological Module Automatic Conversion
- Barabucci, G., S. Peroni, F. Poggi, and F. Vitali. 2012. Embedding semantic annotations within texts: The FRETTA approach. In Proceedings of the 27th symposium on applied computing (SAC 2012), 658–663. New York: ACM. doi:10.1145/2245276.2245403.Google Scholar
- Berners-Lee, T., J. Hendler, and O. Lassila. 2001. The semantic web. In Scientific American, 17 May 2001. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-semantic-web. Accessed 30 July 2013.
- Di Iorio, A., A. Nuzzolese, and S. Peroni. 2013a. Characterising citations in scholarly documents: The CiTalO framework. In ESWC 2013 satellite events—Revised selected papers, eds. P. Cimiano, M. Fernàndez, V. Lopez, S. Schlobach, and J. Völker, lecture notes in computer science, vol. 7955, 66–77. Berlin: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-41242-4_6.Google Scholar
- Di Iorio, A., A. Nuzzolese, and S. Peroni. 2013b. Towards the automatic identification of the nature of citations. In Proceedings of 3rd workshop on semantic publishing (SePublica 2013), CEUR workshop proceedings, vol. 994, eds. A. García Castro, C. Lange, P. Lord, and R. Stevens, 63–74. Aachen: CEUR-WS.org. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-994/paper-06.pdf. Accessed 30 July 2013.
- Di Iorio, A., S. Peroni, F. Poggi, D. Shotton, and F. Vitali. 2013c. Recognising document components in XML-based academic articles. Proceedings of the 2013 ACM symposium on document engineering (DocEng 2013), 181–184. New York: ACM. doi:10.1145/2494266.2494319.Google Scholar
- Gangemi, A., and S. Peroni. 2013. DiTTO: Diagrams transformation into OWL. In Proceedings of the ISWC 2013 posters & demonstrations track, CEUR workshop proceedings, vol. 1035, eds. E. Blomqvist and T. Groza, 5–8. Aachen: CEUR-WS.org. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1035/iswc2013_demo_2.pdf. Accessed 30 July 2013.
- Peroni, S., D. A. Lapeyre, and D. Shotton. 2012. Mapping JATS to RDF using the SPAR (semantic publishing and referencing) ontologies. Proceedings of the Journal Article Tag Suite Conference 2012 (JATS-Con 2012). Bethesda: National Center for Biotechnology Information. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK100491/. Accessed 30 July 2013.
- Sahoo, S., and D. McGuinness. 2013. The PROV ontology. W3C recommendation 30 April 2013. World Wide Web Consortium. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1035/iswc2013_demo_2.pdf. Accessed 30 July 2013.
- Text Encoding Initiative Consortium. 2013. TEI P5: Guidelines for electronic text encoding and interchange. Charlottesville: TEI Consortium. http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5. Accessed 30 July 2013.