Logistic Management Employing Tabu Search and Neural Network Algorithms: A Case Study
- 1.3k Downloads
This paper presents a real case study of a routing problem in a Spanish firm leader in the fresh food industry. The main objective is to improve profits and competitiveness based on logistic operations, minimizing the transportation cost employing the tabu search and neural network meta-heuristics algorithms. The simplest case considered is the Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP). The real case study presented in this paper there are capacity restrictions and different demands at each node, therefore the problem is solved as a Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem (CVRP).
KeywordsCVRP Neural network Tabu Search Logistic Management
The work reported here with has been financially supported by the Spanish Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, under Research Grant DPI2012-31579.
- 2.Bektas T (2006) The multiple traveling salesman problem: an overview of formulations and solution procedures. Omega 34:209–219.Google Scholar
- 4.Cordeau JF, Laporte G (2004) Tabu search heuristics for the vehicle routing problem. In: Rego C, Alidaee B (eds) Metaheuristic optimization via memory and evolution: Tabu search and scatter search. Kluwer, Boston, pp 145–163Google Scholar
- 8.Ganesh K, Nallathambi AS, Narendran TT (2007) Variants, solution approaches and applications for vehicle routing problems in supply chain: agile framework and comprehensive review. Int J Agil Syst Manage 2:50–75Google Scholar
- 10.Hsu CL, Feng S (2003) Vehicle routing problem for distributing refrigerated food. J East Asia Soc Transp Stud 5:2261–2272Google Scholar
- 15.Sivanandam SN, Dumathi S, Deepa SN (2006) Introduction to neural networks using MATLAB 6.0. McGraw Hill, Delhi, pp 487–512Google Scholar