Performance Improvement of the Triple-Band Monopole Plain Antenna by the Grounding Surface Design with the Method of Particle Swarm Optimization
This article presents a research concerning the influence of the grounding surface for a triple-band G-shape monopole plane antenna based on a PSO algorithm. The PSO algorithm utilizes fewer computation and concise program code in comparison with a GA algorithm, and could solve the optimal grounding surface by added with weighting inertia. The design procedure and fabrication steps for an antenna are applied and simulated for triple-band wireless applications. The proposed PSO algorithm provides better precision, faster convergence, and shorter time for solving the global optimal solution.
KeywordsPSO Grounding surface Triple-band Micro-strip Antenna
The authors greatly appreciate to the support of the National Science Council, R.O.C., under the Grant no. NSC 101-2632-E-230-001-NY3.
- 1.Kennedy, J., & Eberhart, R. C. (1995). Particle swarm optimization. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks (vol. IV, pp. 1942–1948).Google Scholar
- 4.Kennedy, J., & Eberhart, R.C. (1997). A discrete binary version of the particle swarm algorithm. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (pp. 4104–4108).Google Scholar
- 7.Hu, X., Shi, Y., & Eberhart, R. C. (2004). Recent advances in particle swarm. In Proceedings of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2004 (CEC 2004) (pp. 90–97).Google Scholar
- 8.Eberhart, R. C., & Shi, Y. (2001). Particle swarm optimization: developments, application and resources. In Proceedings of the 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Seoul, South Korea (vol. 1, pp. 81–86).Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, C. M., Chiu C. N., & Hsu, C. K. (2006). A new non-uniform meandered and fork-type grounded antenna for triple-band WLAN applications. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, 5(1), 346–348.Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, Y., & Seo, Y. M. (2009). Triple-band CPW-fed compact monopole antennas for GSM/PCS/DCS/WCDMA applications. Electronic Letters, 45(9), 447–448.Google Scholar
- 12.Kuo, Y. L., Cheng, Y. T., & Wong, K. L. (2002). Printed inverted-F antennas for applications in wireless communication. In Proceedings of IEEE AP-S International Symposium (vol. 3, pp. 454–457).Google Scholar
- 13.Chen, I., & Peng, C. M. (2003). Microstrip-fed dual-U-shaped printed monopole antenna for dual-band wireless communication applications. Electronics Letters, 39(13), 955–956.Google Scholar
- 14.Kuo, Y. L., & Wong, K. L. (2003). Printed double-T monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2 GHz dual-band WLAN operations. IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, 51(9), 2187–2192.Google Scholar
- 15.Jan J. Y., & Su, J. W. (2005). Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot. IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, 53(6), 2111–2114.Google Scholar
- 16.Pan, C. Y., Huang, C. H., & Horng, T. S. (2004). A novel printed monopole antenna with a square conductor-backed parasitic plane for dual-band WLAN applications. In Proceedings of IEEE AP-S International Symposium (vol. 1, pp. 261–264).Google Scholar