Application to Biomimetic Robotic Wrist Based on Stewart Platform
An application to robotic wrist based on simplified Stewart platform by NI single-board RIO control system was investigated in this study. The positions of moving platform are changed by extension or shortening of three linear actuators. In order to obtain good control, the proportional-integral (PI) controller was employed in single axis control. Through experiments, the response time of robotic wrist to achieve the target position could be less than 0.3 s.
KeywordsBiomimetic Robotic Stewart platform NI single-board RIO
- 2.Huapeng, W. (2008). Parallel manipulators toward new applications. Austria: I-Tech Education and Publishing.Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Y.-S., Chen, B.-Y., & Cheng, Y.-M. (2011). An investigation of a 3-PRS pneumatic parallel motion mechanism. In Proceedings of 2011 MIIS Mechatronic and Industry Interact Cross Strait Conference, A09, (pp. 116–121).Google Scholar
- 6.Hamdan, M., Gao, Z. (2000). A novel PID controller for pneumatic proportional valves with hysteresis. In Record of the 2000 IEEE Industry Applications Conference, (Vol. 2, pp. 1198–1201).Google Scholar
- 7.Parnichkun, M., & Ngaecharoenkul, C. (2000). Hybrid of fuzzy and PID in kinematics control of a pneumatics system. In Proceedings of the 26th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, (Vol. 2, pp. 1485–1490).Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng, Y.-M. & Chen, Y.-S. (2013). An angle trajectory tracking for a 3-DOF pneumatic motion platform by the NI compact RIO embedded system, Journal of Mechanics Engineering and Automation, 3, 14–21.Google Scholar