A Robust Steganography Structure Using a Nested Linear Code
Matrix embedding is a high performance technique for steganography. In the paper, we present one new approaches to matrix embedding based on a convolutional code binary nested embedding scheme. This scheme offers a practical method to realization of embedding algorithm and minimizes the average modified distortion by use of Viterbi quantizer between stego and host object. The novel algorithm performs an embedding procedure through a trellis structure based on generator matrix. Systematic convolutional code and nested structure are adopted to achieve realization of embedding algorithm. In this work, the coding technique proposed is validated as a simple and efficient algorithm.
KeywordsData hiding Informed coding Informed embedding Robustness
This study is supported in part by the National Science Council of the Republic of China under contract numbers NSC-101-2221-E-167-026 and NSC-102-2221-E-167-001.
- 1.Moulin, P., & Koetter, R. (2005). Data-hiding codes. In Proceedings of IEEE (vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 2083–2126). December 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.Crandall, R. (1998). Some notes on steganography. Steganography mailing list, available from http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/westfeld/crandall.pdf
- 4.Bierbrauer, J. (1998). On Crandall’s problem. Available from http://www.ws.binghamton.edu/fridrich/covcodes.pdf
- 5.Galand, F. & Kabatiansky, G. (2003). Information hiding by coverings. In Proceedings ITW2003 (pp. 151–154). Paris, France.Google Scholar
- 7.Costa, M. H. M. (1993). Writing on dirty paper. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 29, 439--441.Google Scholar
- 8.Miller, M. L., Doёrr, G. J., & Cox, I. J. (2004). Applying informed coding and embedding to design a robust high-capacity watermark. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 13, (6), 792--807.Google Scholar
- 9.Cox, I. J., Miller, M. L., & McKellips, A. (1999). Watermarking as communications with side information. Proceedings of the IEEE, 87, 1127--1141. Google Scholar