Data Fusion Using a Factor Graph for Ship Tracking in Harbour Scenarios
Data coming from cameras deployed along an harbour coastline are fused to extract the state of unknown vessels framed by the sensors. We embed the ship dynamic model into a Factor Graph that through probability propagation provides a very flexible merge of sensory data and inferences. Preliminary results and experiments from videos gathered in the Gulf of Naples are reported with a discussion on future trends.
KeywordsData Fusion Harbour Management Factor Graph Ship Model Camera
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Palmieri, F.A.N., Castaldo, F., Marino, G.: Harbour Surveillance with Cameras Calibrated with AIS Data. In: Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Aerospace Conference, March 2-9. Big Sky, Montana (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Liggins, M.E., Hall, D.L., Llinas, J.: Handbook of Multisensor Data Fusion: Theory and Practice, 2nd edn. (September 2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Welch, G., Bishop, G.: An Introduction to the Kalman Filter. In: Proceedings of SIGGRAPH, Course, USA (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Semerdijev, E., Mihaylova, L.: Adaptive interacting multiple model algorithm for manouvering ship tracking. In: Proceedings of the 1998 International Conference on Information Fusion, Las Vegas, NV (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.IALA Guideline No. 1082 On an Overview of AIS. International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse (June 2011)Google Scholar