The e-Slide in the e-Laboratory of Cytology: Where are We?
The work approaches the new technological scenario relevant to the introduction of the e-slide in the e-Laboratory of cytology. A detailed analysis of the state of introduction of the technology based on the e-slides has been conducted. The analysis focused on the ICT technologies available for both the remote diagnosis and the cooperative diagnosis in the Hospital based using the e-slide. In particular the work critically investigated the scenarios of introduction of the e-slides with particular attention to the client/server technologies, the tablet solutions, the 3D Virtual reality solutions. From a global point of view the chapter showed that the today’s technologies using the e-slide have a great potentiality in the digital-cytology.
KeywordsDigital pathology Digital slide Digital-cytology
- 2.D’Avenio G, Balogh T, Grigioni M (2007) Holographic display as innovative training tool. In: ESAO 2007, XXXIV annual congress european society for artificial organs, Krems, Austria, 5–8 Sept 2007Google Scholar
- 4.Giansanti D, Castrichella L, Giovagnoli MR (2008) Telepathology training in a master of cytology degree course. J Telemed Telecare 14(7):338–341Google Scholar
- 5.Giansanti D, Castrichella L, Giovagnoli MR (2008) Telepathology requires specific training for the technician in the biomedical laboratory. Telemed J E Health 14(8):801–807Google Scholar
- 6.Giansanti D, Castrichella L, Giovagnoli MR (2008) The design of a health technology assessment system in telepathology. Telemed J E Health 14(6):570–575Google Scholar
- 7.Giansanti D, Grigioni M, D’Avenio G, Morelli S, Maccioni G, Bondi A, Giovagnoli MR (2010) Virtual microscopy and digital cytology: state of the art. Ann Ist Super Sanita 46(2):115–122Google Scholar
- 8.Giansanti D, Cerroni F, Amodeo R, Filoni M, Giovagnoli MR (2010) A pilot study for the integration of cytometry reports in digital cytology telemedicine applications. Ann Ist Super Sanita 46(2):138–143Google Scholar