An Equal Share Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm for Job Shop Scheduling Adapted to Cloud Environments
The problem of efficiently scheduling jobs on several machines is an important consideration for Cloud computing. Task scheduling in Cloud Environment is a recognised NP-hard problem and hence methods that focus on producing an exact solution can prove insufficient in finding an optimal resolution to JSSP. Hence, in such cases, heuristic methods can be employed to find a good solution within reasonable time. In this paper, we study the conventional ACO algorithm and propose two Load Balancing ACO algorithms for task scheduling in Cloud Environment. We also present the observed results, and discuss them with reference to the FCFS scheduling algorithm currently used. It is observed that the proposed algorithm gives better results for every problem size. Also the proposed algorithms are adapted and applied to Task scheduling in Cloud Environment and is found to give better results.
- 3.C.A. Silva, J.M. Sousa, T. Runkler, JMG. Sá da Costa, A logistic process scheduling problem: genetic algorithms or ant colony optimization, in Proceedings of 16th World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control, IFAC, Czech Replublic, 2005, pp. 1–6Google Scholar
- 4.M. Dorigo, T. Stutzle, Ant Colony Optimization (The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1992)Google Scholar
- 6.M. Den Besten, T. Stützle, M. Dorigo, Ant colony optimization for the total weighted tardiness problem, in Parallel Problem Solving from Nature PPSN VI, Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg, 2000, pp. 611–620Google Scholar
- 7.Hui Yan, Xue-Qin Shen, Xing Li, Ming-Hui Wu, An improved Ant Algorithm for job scheduling in grid computing, in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Guangzhou, 18–21 Aug 2005Google Scholar
- 8.K.R. Ku-Mahamud, H.J.A. Nasir, Ant Colony Algorithm for job scheduling in grid computing, in Fourth Asia International Conference on Mathematical/Analytical Modelling and Computer Simulation, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 2010, pp 40–45Google Scholar
- 9.Jun Zhang, Xiaomin Hu, X. Tan, J.H. Zhong, Q. Huang, Implementation of an Ant Colony Optimization technique for job shop scheduling problem. Trans. Inst. Meas. Control, 28, 93–108 (2006)Google Scholar