The Improved Conceptual Design of Web-based GIS Residential Property Marketing Information System
This chapter attempts to show the conceptual design a Web-based GIS Residential Property Marketing Information System (WGRPMIS). This system is intended to be integrated with the virtual GIS technology enabling the consumer to virtually explore the potential property based upon the multi criteria selection through assisted geo-processing query. The proposed system is built using Adobe Flex on ArcGIS Server framework to enable geo-processing and geometric network capabilities. Through the pilot system, the success of 3D and virtual reality integration was revealed. Due to limitations of the query functions and 3D feature complexity taking its toll on the system’s performance, an improved geo-processing scheme is presented in this paper and the conceptual design of this system is revised. The improved query function which includes road network and accessibility were taken into consideration in solving buffer and radius query is developed. The revised conceptual design will further be used in designing the simplified 3D visualization viewer to the Virtual panoramic display.
KeywordsGIS Property Virtual GIS
The authors would like to express their gratitude to the Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) and Licensed Land Surveyors Board for funding this project, and also to all associate personnel in helping to develop and test the system.
- Guang-rui Z (2007) The development of estate management information system based on WebGIS. Sci Surveying Mapp 1:056Google Scholar
- Jitka K, Renata M (2006) Some problems connected to utilization of internet geographic information systems. In Proceedings of the 6th WSEAS international conference on multimedia, internet & video technologies, World scientific and engineering academy and society (WSEAS)Google Scholar
- Ma C, Chen G, Han Y, Qi Y, Chen Y (2008) VR-GIS: an integrated platform of VR navigation and GIS analysis for city/region simulation. In Proceedings of the 7th ACM SIGGRAPH international conference on virtual-reality continuum and its applications in industry, ACM, 2008Google Scholar
- Mingyu Z (2008) Design and Implementation of Property Management WebGIS based on ArcIMS. Comput Dev Appl 4:021Google Scholar
- Qian R (2013) The application of GIS in the real estate management system. In: Proceedings of the 2012 international conference of modern computer science and applications, SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Ralphs MP, Wyatt P (2003) GIS in land and property management. Taylor & Francis, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Ranchhod A, Tinson J, Zhou F (2001) Factors influencing marketing performance on the web. Internet Marketing Research: Theory and Practice, p. 61Google Scholar
- Salleh SA, Wan Mohd WMN, Nawawi AH, Md Sadek ESS (2008) The integration of 3D GIS and virtual technology in the design and development of residential property marketing information system (grpmis). computer and information. Science 1(4):37Google Scholar
- Wang J-H, Zhu J, Fan Q-J, Lu J-L (2011) Web virtual campus research based on arcgis server and arcglobe. Geomatics Spat Inf Technol 2:012Google Scholar
- Zlatanova S, Prosperi D (2005) Large-scale 3D data integration: challenges and opportunities. CRC Press, Baco RatonGoogle Scholar
- Zlatanova S, Tempfli K (2000) Modelling for 3D GIS: Spatial analysis and visualisation through the web. In: International archives of photogrammetry and remote sensing, 2000, vol 33(B4/3; Part 4), pp 1257–1264Google Scholar