Study on Eco-Safety Early-Warning and Assessment Index System of Hainan Province
To have a comprehensive evaluation on the safety of regional ecology, research is required within the fields of eco-safety and early warning on all relevant elements that affect the ecological environment of a given region. This should be complemented by research on influential elements based on regional characteristics and then followed by the construction of an eco-safety early-warning assessment index system. This article analyzes research findings of related ecological assessments and eco-safety problems of Hainan province in particular. With a focus on economic construction and sustainable development, this analysis reflects on economic, social, environmental, technological, and institutional factors and proposes an eco-safety early-warning assessment index system which suits Hainan’s ecological situation. This index system synthesizes Hainan’s natural resources, ecological situation, degree of pollution, and economic development and consists of five first-class indicators (low-carbon society, land resource safety, water resource safety, air resource safety, and biological species safety), ten second-class indicators (economy, society, environmental resources, technology, low carbon, system, arable land safety, forest safety, land pollution, etc.) and 90 third-class indicators.
KeywordsEco-safety Ecological assessment Safety early-warning Index system Hainan Province
This work is supported by International Science & Technology Cooperation Program of China (2012DFA11270) and the Hainan International Cooperation Key Project (GJXM201105).
- 1.Wang, P., Song, J.H.: Hainan tourism geography. Hainan Publishing, China (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Tian, J.: Research of the Ecological Security in Hainan Province. Central South University, Wuhan (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhao, Y.F.: Evaluation index system study of tourism environment in Inner Mongolia. Yunnan Geogr. Environ. Res. 23(3), 80–84 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Tian, T.: Ecological Risk Analysis and Evaluation of Huangshan Scenic Area. Anhui Normal University, Hefei, Anhui (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Shang, T.C., Zhao, L.M.: A study on ecological risk analysis and ecotourism system management. J. South China Agric. Univ. 2(2), 72–74 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Hainan Yearbook Editing, Hainan Year Book. Hainan Yearbook Publishing, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, Q.S., Yang, X.B., Han, S.M.: Study on the relationship between tourism development and ecological environment in Hainan. Nat. Sci. J. Hainan Univ. 18(2), 159–164 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Yuan, F.Y.: Analyses on Tourism Development of Hainan. Tianjin University, Tianjin (2011)Google Scholar