Storing Metadata as QR Codes in Multimedia Streams
With the continuous adoption of the web and the increase of connection speeds, people are more and more sharing multimedia content. The main problem that is created by this approach is that the shared content become less and less search-friendly. The information that is shared, cannot be easily queried, so a big part of the web becomes inaccessible. To this end, there is a big shift towards adopting new metadata standards for image and video that can efficiently help with queries over image and videos.
In this work we extend our proposed method of embedding metadata as QR codes in gray scale images, to color video files with a slightly modified algorithm to make the decoding faster. We then examine the experimental results regarding the compressed file size, using a lossless encoding and the distortion of the frames of the video files. Storing the metadata inside the multimedia stream with QR format has several advantages and possible new uses that are going to be discussed.
KeywordsQR codes video metadata LSB
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Mpeg 7, http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/standards/mpeg-7 (accessed June 10, 2013)
- 6.QR codes, http://www.qrcode.com/en/ (accessed June 20, 2013)
- 7.Zhang, S., Yoshino, K.: Dwt-based watermarking using qr codeGoogle Scholar
- 8.Vongpradhip, S., Rungraungsilp, S.: Qr code using invisible watermarking in frequency domain. In: 2011 9th International Conference on ICT and Knowledge Engineering (ICT & Knowledge Engineering), pp. 47–52. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Hsu, F.-H., Wu, M.-H., Wang, S.-J.: Dual-watermarking by qr-code applications in image processing. In: 2012 9th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing and 9th International Conference on Autonomic & Trusted Computing (UIC/ATC), pp. 638–643. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Xie, R.-S., Wu, K.-S., Xu, G.-P., Ouyang, M.: Research on anti-counterfeiting quick response 2d barcode techniques based on digital watermark. Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science), 1–5 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Islam, M., Alzahir, S., et al.: A novel qr code guided image stenographic technique. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), pp. 586–587. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Felix Gunalan, G., Nithya, J.: Qr code hiding using histogram shifting methodGoogle Scholar
- 14.Chen, J.-H., Chen, C.-H.: Image tamper detection scheme using qr code and dct transform techniquesGoogle Scholar
- 15.Poomvichid, T., Patirupanusara, P., Ketcham, M.: The qr code for audio watermarking using genetic algorithmGoogle Scholar
- 16.Marcinak, M.P., Mobasseri, B.G.: Digital video watermarking for metadata embedding in uav video. In: IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM 2005), vol. 3, pp. 1637–1641. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Philp, A., Bradley, B., Stach, J., Rodriguez, T.: Real-time application of digital watermarking to embed tactical metadata into full motion video captured from unmanned aerial systems. In: IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging, International Society for Optics and Photonics, p. 725410 (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Prabakaran, G., Bhavani, R., Ramesh, M.: A robust qr-code video watermarking scheme based on svd and dwt composite domain. In: 2013 International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Informatics and Medical Engineering (PRIME), pp. 251–257. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Xiph, http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/ (accessed June 28, 2013)
- 20.YUVsoft codec, http://www.yuvsoft.com/download/lossless-codec/index.html (accessed June 13, 2013)
- 21.Lossless Video Codecs Comparison, http://compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/pdf/msu_lossless_codecs_comparison_2007_eng.pdf (accessed June 21, 2013)