Imperialist Competitive Algorithm
In this chapter, we present a new optimization algorithm called imperialist competitive algorithm (ICA) which is inspired by the human socio-political evolution process. We first describe the general knowledge of the imperialism in Sect. 15.1. Then, the fundamentals and performance of ICA are introduced in Sect. 15.2. Finally, Sect. 15.3 summarises this chapter.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Line Balance Assembly Line Balance Imperialist Competitive Algorithm Artificial Neural Network Training
- Atashpaz-Gargari, E., & Lucas, C. (2007). Imperialist competitive algorithm: An algorithm for optimization inspired by imperialistic competition. In IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2007) (pp. 4661–4667). IEEE.Google Scholar
- Bijami, E., Abshari, R., Askari, J., Hosseinnia, S., & Farsangi, M. M. (2011). Optimal design of damping controllers for multi-machine power systems using metaheuristic techniques. International Review of Electrical Engineering, 6, 1883–1894.Google Scholar
- Ghanavati, M., Gholamian, M. R., Minaei, B., & Davoudi, M. (2011). An efficient cost function for imperialist competitive algorithm to find best clusters. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 29, 22–31.Google Scholar
- Kayvanfar, V., & Zandieh, M. (2012). The economic lot scheduling problem with deteriorating items and shortage: An imperialist competitive algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. doi: 10.1007/s00170-011-3820-6.
- Nejad, H. C., & Jahani, R. (2011). A new approach to economic load dispatch of power system using imperialist competitive algorithm. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5, 835–843.Google Scholar
- Niknam, T., Fard, E. T., Ehrampoosh, S., & Rousta, A. (2011). A new hybrid imperialist competitive algorithm on data clustering. Sādhanā, 36, 293–315.Google Scholar
- Ramezani, F., Lotfi, S., & Soltani-Sarvestani, M. A. (2012). A hybrid evolutionary imperialist competitive algorithm (HEICA). In J.-S. Pan, S.-M. Chen & N. T. Nguyen (Eds.) ACIIDS 2012, Part I, LNAI 7196 (pp. 359–368). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Soltani-Sarvestani, M. A., Lotfi, S., & Ramezani, F. (2012). Quad countries algorithm (QCA). In J.-S. Pan, S.-M. Chen & N. T. Nguyen (Eds.) ACIIDS 2012, Part III, LNAI 7198 (pp. 119–129). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Talatahari, S., Kaveh, A., & Sheikholeslami, R. (2012b). Chaotic imperialist competitive algorithm for optimum design of truss structures. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization. doi: 10.1007/s00158-011-0754-4.