Factors Influencing Design of SMA Actuators
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology book series (BRIEFSAPPLSCIENCES)
- 1.8k Downloads
Given the complex nonlinear nature of SMA responses, understanding their coupled thermomechanical responses of different components has been of significant interest for both researchers and application developers.
KeywordsTransformation Temperature NiTi Alloy Plateau Stress Martensite Variant Equiatomic Composition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 4.Rao A, Srinivasa AR (2014) A three-species model for simulating torsional response of shape memory alloy components using thermodynamic principles and discrete preisach models. Math Mech Solids. doi: 10.1177/1081286514545917
- 6.Lagoudas D (2008) Shape memory alloys: modeling and engineering applications. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 9.Morgan N, Broadley M (2004) Taking the art out of smart!-forming processes and durability issues for the application of niti shape memory alloys in medical devices. In: Medical device materials: proceedings from the materials and processes for medical devices conference 2003, ASM International, Anaheim, California, p 247, 8–10 Sept 2003Google Scholar
- 12.University of Cambridge (2014) Dissemination of it for the promotion of materials science (doitpoms). http://www.doitpoms.ac.uk/tlplib/superelasticity/limits.php
- 13.Kim K, Daly S (2011) Experimental studies of phase transformation in shape memory alloys. In: Mechanics of time-dependent materials and processes in conventional and multifunctional materials, vol 3, Springer, New York, pp 81–87Google Scholar
- 17.Khandelwal A, Buravalla V (2009) Models for shape memory alloy behavior: an overview of modeling approaches. Int J Struct Changes Solids 1(1):111–148Google Scholar
© The Author(s) 2015