Impact of Resources on Success of Software Project
Success level of the project depends on various factors such as cost, time, and availability of resources in terms of technology and personnel etc. This paper elucidates an empirical study of several projects developed over a period of time in a product and service based CMMI Level 5 Software Company. The investigation results present impact analysis of critical resources such as cost, time, number of developers towards the successful completion of the project as allocated by the project manager during the developmental process. This analysis further throws light on the need for improvements in the project management process in terms of right choice of resource allocation.
KeywordsSoftware Process Project Manager Software Engineering Project Management Software Quality Defect Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Blanchard, B.S., Fabrycky, W.J.: Systems engineering and analysis, 4th edn., p. 31. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Davenport, T.H., Prusak, L.: Working Knowledge. Harvard Business School Press, Boston Massachusetts (1998), Budgen, D.: Software Design. Pearson Publication (2008) Google Scholar
- 7.Tesch, D., Kloppenborg, T.J., Erolick, M.N.: IT Project Risk factors: The Project Management Professional Perspectives. Journal of Computer Information Systems (Summer 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Petersen, D.: Redefining Project Management, PMP (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ehsan, N., Waheed, K.Z., Asghar, U., Nawaz, M.T., Mirza, E., Sarwar, S.Z.: Effects of Project Manager’s Competency on Project Success. In: Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE ICMIT (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Fairiey, R.E., Willshire, M.J.: Why the Vasa sank: 10problems and some antidotes for software projects. IEEESoftware (March/April 2003)Google Scholar