Extended Goal Programming Approach with Interval Data Uncertainty for Resource Allocation in Farm Planning: A Case Study
This paper presents an extended version of goal programming (GP) approach for modeling and solving farm planning problems having objectives with interval parameter sets by utilizing farming resources in the planning horizon. In the model formulation of the problem, the defined goals with interval parameters are converted into conventional goals by using interval arithmetic technique in interval programming and introducing under- and over-deviational variables to each of them. In the decision process, extended GP (EGP) approach, i.e. convex combination of both the modelling aspects, minsum GP and minmax GP are addressed in the achievement function for minimizing the possible regret towards goal achievement from the optimistic point of view in the inexact decision making environment. The potential use of the approach is demonstrated via a case example.
KeywordsFarm Planning Goal Programming Interval arithmetic Interval Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ignizio, J.P.: Goal Programming and Extensions, Lexington, D.C. Health, Massachusetts (1976)Google Scholar
- 4.Simon, H.A.: Administrative Behavior. Free Press, New York (1957)Google Scholar
- 6.Pal, B.B., Basu, I.: Selection of appropriate priority structure for optimal land allocation in agricultural planning through goal programming. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics 51, 342–354 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Zimmermann, H.-J.: Fuzzy Sets, Decision Making and Expert Systems. Kluwer-Nijhoff Publishing, Dordrecht (1987)Google Scholar
- 8.Pal, B.B., Moitra, B.N., Maulik, U.: A Goal Programming Procedure for Fuzzy Multiobjective Linear Fractional Programming Problem. Fuzzy Sets and Systs. 139, 395–405 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Pal, B.B., Kumar, M., Sen, S.: A Linear Fuzzy Goal Programming Approach for Solving Patrol Manpower Deployment Planning Problems -A Case Study, pp. 244–249. IEEE Xplore Digital Library (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Pal, B.B., Kumar, M.: A Linear Fuzzy Goal Programming Method for Solving Optimal Power Generation and Dispatch Problem. Int. J. Adv. Comp. Res. 3, 56–64 (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Moore, R.E.: Interval Analysis. Prentice-Hall, New Jersey (1966)Google Scholar
- 19.Romero, C.: Handbook of Critical Issues in Goal Programming. Pergamon Press, Oxford (1991)Google Scholar
- 20.District Statistical Hand Book, Burdwan. Department of Bureau of Applied Economics and Statistics. Govt. of West Bengal, India (2011)Google Scholar
- 21.Economic Review. Department of Bureau of Applied Economics and Statistics. Govt. of West Bengal, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 22.Basak, R.K.: Soil testing and fertilizer recommendation. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi (2000)Google Scholar