Localization of Information Dissemination in Agriculture Using Mobile Networks
Usage of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in agriculture focuses on improvement in productivity by timely and precise dissemination of appropriate information to all stakeholders. Web and mobile communication technology has quickly become the world’s most common way of transmitting data and services in the developing countries. As most of the applications developed are either web based and having static information over the time, the need is to have a dynamic model for the information dissemination, which is continuously changing with respect to time and location. Localization of the information is important, as the generic information provided may not be relevant to the farmer’s location. In this work, an effort has been made to conceptualize a system based on local parameters like location, language etc.
KeywordsICT Web application Mobile Application Localization Dynamic Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Philip, H., Vennila, M.A., Gomathy, M.: Multimedia: An Effective Communication Technology for Extension. In: International Conference on Communication for Development in the information Age: Extending the Benefits of Technology for All, Varanasi, India (September 7, 2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Senthil, K.M., Chandrakandan, K., Padma, C., Padma, S.R.: Modern communication technologies for sustainable farming in globalize era. In: National Seminar on ‘Responding to Changes and Challenges: New Roles of Agricultural Extension’, Nagpur (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Gandhi, R., Veeraraghavan, R., Toyama, K., Ramprasad, V.: Digital Green: Participatory video for agricultural extension. In: International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development, ICTD 2007, Bangalore, December 15-16, pp. 1–10 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Indian Society of Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP), http://www.isapindia.org/isap/agripratices.php (last seen August 03, 2013)
- 6.Chauhan, N.M.: Expectations of the Farmers from ICT in Agriculture. Indian Res. J. Ext. Edu. 10(1), 42–45 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Mehta, P.: Information Technology in Agriculture: Reaching the Unreached. In: National Workshop on ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development, Ahmadabad (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Vodafone Group Plc: Connected Agriculture: The role of mobile in driving efficiency and sustainability in the food and agriculture value chain, http://www.vodafone.com/contenet/dam/vodaphone/about/sustainability/2011/pdf/connected_agriculture.pdf (last seen August 03, 2013)
- 10.Jain, L., Kumar, H., Singla, R.K.: A Review of Fuzzy Rule Promotion Techniques in Agriculture Information System. Journal of Computer Applications. IJCA, Special Issues on IP Multimedia Communications, 55–60 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Nanda, S., Arunachalam, S.: Reaching the Unreached - Communitity based Village Knowledge Centres & Village Resource Centres. Jamsetji Tata National Virtual Academy, M S Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai (2010) ISBN : 978-81-88355-15-0Google Scholar