Improving the QOS in MANET by Enhancing the Routing Technique of AOMDV Protocol
A MANET is an interconnection of mobile devices by wireless links forming a dynamic topology without much physical network infrastructure such as routers, servers, access points or centralized administration. The multipath routing protocols establish efficient communication within the network by discovering multiple routes between a pair of source and destination in order to have load balancing to satisfy Quality of Service (QoS) requirements. The aim of this work is to modify the existing MANET reactive Multipath routing protocol Ad hoc On-demand Distance Vector (AOMDV) using drop minimization under MAC error control technique like collision minimization, dynamic queue scheme etc. In AOMDV routing we apply multipath base data sending scheme but that protocol not fulfill QoS so here we apply drop analysis base and find out pitfall of the AOMDV and after that we apply various drop minimization technique like rate base data sending scheme, queue base congestion control etc. and improve the performance of the network. A narrative Multipath QoS Aware Routing Protocol based on AOMDV is proposed to support packet delivery ratio, routing overhead minimization and UDP analysis constraints.
KeywordsMANET QOS AOMDV QOS- AOMDV Dynamic Queue length
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kute, V.B., Kharat, M.U.: Survey on QoS for multi-path routing protocols in mobile ad-hoc networks. In: 3rd International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing (ICMLC 2011), vol. 4, pp. 524–528 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Patil, V.C., Biradar, R.V., Mudholkar, R.R., Sawant, S.R.: On-demand multipath routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks issues and comparison. International Journal of Wireless Communication and Simulation 2(1), 21–38 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M., Das, S.: Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing, RFC 3561. IETF (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Ali, M., Stewart, B.G., Shahrabi, A., Vallavaraj, A.: Multipath routing backbones for load balancing in Mobile Ad hoc Networks. In: 16th IEEE Mediterranean on Electrotechnical Conference (MELECON 2012), pp. 749–752 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Soundararajan, S., Bhuvaneswaran, R.S.: Adaptive Multi-Path Routing for Load Balancing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Journal of Computer Science (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Mohamed, T., Nabil, T., Sami, T.: Multipath routing mechanism with load balancing in ad hoc network. In: IEEE International Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems (ICCES 2010) pp. 67–72 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Beaubrun, R., Molo, B.: Using DSR for Routing multimedia traffic in MANETs (January 2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Akana, C.M.V.S., Kumar, S., Divakar, C.: QoS for Real time transmission on MANETs. International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications 02(03), 679–685 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Chen, S.: Routing support for providing guaranteed endto- end qualityof-service. Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. of IL at Urbana-Champaign (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Marina, M.K., Das, S.R.: Ad hoc On-demand Multipath Distance Vector Routing. Computer Science Department. Stony Brook University (2003)Google Scholar