Security Issues and Its Counter Measures in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
The dynamic topology of MANETS has made them vulnerable to security threats. This research work focuses on the Security Issues in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network, the different types of attacks in MANETS, the existing security mechanisms and the solutions approaches in the security of different applications of MANETS. The prime objective of the work is to provide a generic solution approach which can be implemented before initiating the working on any MANET security algorithm, so as to provide better results and security. NS-2 simulator is used to make the network topology on MANETS and analyse them using the trace files obtained when using different routing protocols like AODV, DSDV. An algorithm is proposed to detect the popular nodes, the critical nodes, the potentially malicious nodes in a network, for every rounds of time. The cluster based approach is used by which all the details of parameters evaluated in terms of critical nodes, potentially malicious nodes and popular and non popular nodes can be send to the cluster heads for performing further action using the other existing security algorithms.
KeywordsMANETS AODV DSDV Network Security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hu1, X., Grechniko, E.: On the Connectivity in One-Dimensional Ad HocWireless Networks with a Forbidden Zone, University of MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 2.Berton, S., Yin, H., Lin, C.: Secure, Disjoint, Multipath Source Routing Protocol(SDMSR) for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Andhare, A., Patil, A.B.: Denial-of-Service Attack Detection Using Genetic-Based Algorithm. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) 2(2), 094–098 (2012), http://www.ijera.com ISSN: 2248-9622
- 4.Ullah, I., Rehman, S.U.: Analysis of Black Hole attack on MANETS Using different MANETS Routing Protocols. Master Thesis Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden, Thesis no: MEE-2010-2698 (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Sreenath, N., Amuthan, A., Selvigirija, P.: Countermeasures against Multicast Attacks on Enhanced-On Demand Multicast Routing Protocol in MANETS. In: IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI 2012), Coimbatore, India, January 10-12 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, Y., Sankhla, V., Helmy, A.: Efficient Traceback of DoS Attacks using Small Worlds in MANETS Vehicular Technology Conference. In: IEEE VTC 2004-Fall (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Sheikhl, R., Chandee, M.S., Mishra, D.K.: Security issues in MANETS: a review. In: 2010 Seventh International Conference Wireless and Optical Communications Networks, WOCN (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Sankareswary, P., Suganthi, R., Sumathi, G.: (Under the able guidance of Mr. Julian Benadict M.E. ) Impact of Selfish Nodes in Multicast Ad Hoc on demand Distance Vector Protocol. In: International Conference Wireless Communication and Sensor Computing, ICWCSC (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Burmester, M., de Medeiros, B.: On the Security of Route Discovery in MANETS. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 1180–1188 (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Sreenath, N., Amuthan, A., Selvigirija, P.: Countermeasures against Multicast Attacks on Enhanced-On Demand Multicast Routing Protocol in MANETS. In: IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI 2012), Coimbatore, India, January 10-12 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Umaparvathi1, M., Dharmishtan, D.: Evaluation of Symmetric Encryption Algorithms for MANETS. In: IEEE International Conference Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, ICCIC (2010)Google Scholar