A Wavelet Transform Based Image Authentication Approach Using Genetic Algorithm (AWTIAGA)
Steganography is the technique of hiding confidential information within a media. In this paper a Genetic Algorithm based image authentication technique in transformed domain using haar wavelet transform is proposed. Wavelet transform is applied on sub mask of the source image to obtain transformed coefficients. Bits of the hidden image are embedded on each coefficients of sub mask with BPP of two. The hidden bit positions are chosen in such a way that there is no loss of precession during reverse wavelet transform. Resultant stego image is obtained through inverse transform which is input for the Genetic Algorithm. Genetic algorithm is applied on it to enhance a layer of security. New Generation followed by Crossover is applied on initial population. Reverse process is followed during decoding. The proposed algorithm obtains better image fidelity and high PSNR as compared to existing approach Huang et al .
KeywordsSteganography Frequency Domain Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) Least Significant Bit (LSB) Image Fidelity (IF) Mean Square Error (MSE) BPP (Bit Per Pixel)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, H.-Y., et al.: A lossless data hiding based on discrete Haar wavelet transform. In: CIT 2010, 978-0-7695-4108-2/10 $26.00 ©. IEEE (2010), doi:10.1109/CIT.2010.276Google Scholar
- 2.Bandyopadhyay, S.K., et al.: Genetic Algorithm based Substitution Technique of Image Steganography. Journal of Global Research in Computer Science 1(5) (December 2010) ISSN: 2229- 371XGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ghasemi, E., et al.: High Capacity Image Steganography using Wavelet Transform and Genetic Algorithm. In: Proc. IMECS 2011, Hong Kong, March 16-18, vol. 1 (1821) ISBN: 978-988-18210-3-4Google Scholar
- 4.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K., et al.: Masking based Data Hiding and Image Authentication Technique (MDHIAT). In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference of IEEE on Advanced Computing and Communications ADCOM 2008, Anna University, December 14-17 (2008) ISBN: 978-1-4244-2962-2Google Scholar
- 5.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: A Novel Technique for Image Authentication in Frequency Domain using Discrete Fourier Transformation Technique (IAFDZTT). Malaysian Journal of Computer Science 21(1), 24–32 (2008) ISSN 0127-9094Google Scholar
- 6.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: A Bit Level Image Authentication / Secrete Message Transmission Technique (BLIA/SMTT). Association for the Advancement of Modelling and Simulation Technique in Enterprises (AMSE), AMSE Journal of Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition 51(4), 1–13 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Khamrui, A., et al.: An Image Authentication Technique in Frequency Domain using Genetic Algorithm. IJSEA 3(5) (September 2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Bin, L., et al.: A Survey of Image Stegaography and Steganalysis. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Sigal Processing 2(2) (April 2011) ISSN: 2073-4212Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, S., et al.: A Secure Steganography Method based on Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Sigal Processing 1(1) (January 2010) ISSN: 2073-4212Google Scholar
- 11.Allan, G.: Weber, The USC-SIPI Image Database: Version 5, Original release: Signal and Image Processing Institute, University of Southern California, Department of Electrical Engineering (October 1997), http://sipi.usc.edu/database/ (last accessed on January 20, 2011)