Hybrid Non-dominated Sorting Simulated Annealing Algorithm for Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problems
A new hybrid Non-dominated Sorting simulated annealing algorithm has been proposed to solve Multiobjective flexible job-shop scheduling problems (MOFJSPs). The multi objectives considered in this study are makespan, total workload of machines, workload of critical machines and total cost simultaneously. In this study, the critical or incapable machines are eliminated by non-dominated sorting of all operations and the initial solution is arrived using simulated annealing. A main feature of this proposed algorithm is its computational efficiency and simplicity in hybridization. The performance of the proposed algorithm is tested with flexible benchmark instances. The experimental results prove its performance by providing non-dominated solutions for both small and relatively larger cases in minimum computational time.
KeywordsMulti objective flexible job-shop scheduling Non-dominated Sorting Simulated annealing algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Ho, N.B., Tay, J.C.: GENACE: An efficient cultural algorithm for solving the flexible job-shop problem. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation CEC 2004, vol. 2, pp. 1759–1766. IEEE (2004), doi:10.1109/CEC.2004.1331108Google Scholar
- 8.Ho, N.B., Tay, J.C.: Evolving dispatching rules for solving the flexible job-shop problem. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 2848–2855. IEEE (2005), doi:10.1109/CEC.2005.1555052Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, H., Gen, M.: Multistage-based genetic algorithm for flexible job-shop scheduling problem. J. Complex. Int. 11, 223–232 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Liouane, N., Saad, I., Hammadi, S., Borne, P.: Ant systems & Local Search Optimization for flexible job shop scheduling production. Int. J. Comput. Commun. Control 2(2), 174–184 (2007)Google Scholar
- 21.Shivasankaran, N., Senthil Kumar, P., Nallakumarasamy, G., Venkatesh Raja, K.: A Hybrid Bubble Sorting Simulated Annealing Algorithm for Job Shop Scheduling. In: Third International Conference on Computing Communication & Networking Technologies (ICCCNT 2012), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2012), doi:10.1109/ICCCNT.2012.6395981Google Scholar