Color Image Authentication through Visible Patterns (CAV)
In this paper a copyright protection technique based on visual patterns (CAV) has been proposed for color image. This technique manipulates bits of color image to hide the hash of secret without embedding secret directly. Three layers of random noise, generated by R, G and B through hash function, when fall upon a base noise can able to generate imprint of secret in the form of visual patterns. Same process on receiver end authenticates the originality of image and protects ownership. CAV also optimized the intensity value of pixel after embedding by comparing it with original pixel value. Proposed CAV technique has been compared with existing Wu-Tsai’s Method, H.C. Wu Method, SAWT and STMDF techniques, where proposed technique shows better performance in terms of MSE, PSNR and fidelity of the stego images.
KeywordsSteganography authentication copyright protection Visual steganography Mean Square Error (MSE) Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) Image fidelity (IF) Universal Quality Image (UQI)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wu, H.-C., Wu, N.-I., Tsai, C.-S., Hwang, M.-S.: Image steganographic scheme based on pixel-value differencing and LSB replacement methods. In: IEE Proceedings of the Vision, Image and Signal Processing, vol. 152(5), pp. 611–615 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Yuancheng, L., Wang, X.: A watermarking method combined with Radon transformand 2D-wavelet transform. In: IEEE Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Chongqing, China, June 25-27 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Mandal, J.K., Sengupta, M.: Steganographic Technique Based on Minimum Deviation of Fidelity (STMDF). In: IEEE Second International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT 2011), February 19-20, pp. 298–301 (2011) Print ISBN: 978-1-4244-9683-9, doi:10.1109/EAIT.2011.24Google Scholar
- 6.Kutter, M., Petitcolas, F.A.P.: A fair benchmark for image watermarking systems. In: Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, Electronic Imaging 1999, vol. 3657. The International Society for Optical Engineering, Sans Jose (1999), http://www.petitcolas.net/fabien/publications/ei99-benchmark.pdf (last accessed on February 12, 2013)
- 7.Weber, A.G.: The USC-SIPI Image Database: Version 5, Original release. In: Signal and Image Processing Institute. Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California (1997), http://sipi.usc.edu/database/ (last accessed on January 25, 2013)