DCT-PCA Based Method for Copy-Move Forgery Detection
Copy move forgery detection is emerging as one of the hot research topic among researchers in the area of image forensics. There are many techniques suggested to detect such type of tampering with the original image but, many issues still remained either unsolved or there is a lot of scope for performance improvement. The most commonly used algorithm to detect such type of tampering is block matching algorithm. Robustness against post processing operations and the time taken by the detection techniques are few of the major challenges. Change of intensity of the copy moved part is one of the post processing operations that may be employed by the attacker to evade the image forgery detection methods. This is successfully addressed in the proposed algorithm. Discrete cosine transform and principal component analysis have been used to represent and compress the feature vector of overlapping blocks respectively. Features , invariant to local change of intensity are created using down sampling of low frequency DCT coefficients.
KeywordsBlind forgery detection techniques image forensics intensity invariant forgery detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lin, E., Podilchuk, C., Delp, E.: Detection of image alterations using semi-fragile watermarks. In: Proc. SPIE, Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contens II, vol. 3971, pp. 52–163 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Birajdar, G.K., Mankar, V.H.: Digital image forgery detection using passive techniques: A survey. Digital Investigation, 1–20 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Fridrich, J., Soukalm, D., Lukáš, J.: Detection of copy-move forgery in digital images. In: Digital Forensic Research Workshop, Cleveland, OH, pp. 19–23 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Popescu, A.C., Farid, H.: Exposing Digital Forgeries By Detecting Duplicated Image Regions. Tech. Rep. TR2004-515, Dartmouth College (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, S., Das, P.K., Mukherjee, S.: Copy-Move Forgery Detection in Digital Images: Progress and Challenges. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering 3(2), 653–663 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Ghorbani, M., Firouzmand, M., Faraahi, A.: DWT-DCT (QCD) based copy-move image forgery detection. In: 2011 18th International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing (IWSSIP), pp. 1–4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Muhammad, G., Hussain, M., Mirza, A.M., Bebis, G.: Dyadic wavelets and dct based blind copy-move image forgery detection. In: IET Conference on Image Processing (IPR 2012), pp. 1–6 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Bacchuwar, K.S., Ramakrishnan, K.: A Jump Patch-Block Match Algorithm for Multiple Forgery Detection. In: International Multi-Conference on Automation, Computing, Communication, Control and Compressed Sensing, pp. 723–728 (2013)Google Scholar