Unique Key Based Authentication of Song Signal through DCT Transform (UKASDT)
Authentication of song signal is one of the assessments to detect the originality in ease of alteration of its content. In this paper, DCT transform has been applied to song signal to extract a unique key for a particular song and which itself represents the characteristics of whole song signal. Comparing song signal with computed and extracted unique keyword unauthorized ownership can be verified. A comparative study has been made with similar existing techniques to compare its characteristics which show better performances. Computed characteristics are also supported through mathematical formula based on Microsoft WAVE (”.wav”) stereo sound file.
KeywordsAudio song authentication DCT song security protection of intellectual property unique identification of song signal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mondal, U.K., Mandal, J.K.: A Novel Technique to Protect Piracy of Quality Songs through Amplitude Manipulation (PPAM). In: International Symposium on Electronic System Design (ISED 2010), pp. 246–250 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Blackledge, J.M., et al.: Multi-Channel Audio Information Hiding. In: Proc. of the 15th Int. Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx 2012), York, UK, September 17-21, pp. 1–8 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Erten, G., Salam, F.: Voice Output Extraction by Signal Separation. In: ISCAS 1998, vol. 3, pp. 5–8 (1998) ISBN 07803-4455-3Google Scholar
- 4.Dong, X., Bocko, M.F., Ignjatovic, Z.: Data Hiding Via Phase Manipulation of Audio Signals. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2004), vol. 5, pp. 377–380 (2004) ISBN 0-7803-8484-9Google Scholar
- 5.Mondal, U.K., Mandal, J.K.: Song Authentication Technique Through Concealment of Secret Song (SATCon). Presented at IEEE-International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology, ICRTIT 2011, June 3-5, pp. 145–150. MIT, Anna University, Chennai (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Suzuki, H., Zen, H., Nunkuku, Y., Miyajima, C., Tokuda, K., Kitumuru, I.: Proc. Speech Recognition Using Voice- Characteristic Dependent Acoustic Models, ICASSP 2003, vol. 3, pp. 740–743 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Lin, K.S., Frantz, G.A.: Proc. Voice Characteristics Conversion, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics CE-30(4), 598–603 (1984)Google Scholar
- 11.Arnold, M.: Audio watermarking: Features, applications and algorithms. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrete_cosine_transform#DCT-II (last accessed on July 30, 2013)