Performance Analysis of Multi-class Steganographic Methods Based on Multi-Level Re-stegnography
The rapid advances of network technologies and digital devices make information exchange fast and easy. However, distributing digital data over public networks such as the Internet is not really secure due to copy violation, counterfeiting, forgery, and fraud. The paper presents a study and analysis on Multi-Level Steganography (MLS) which defines a new concept for hidden communication in telecommunication networks. In MLS, at least two steganographic methods are utilized simultaneously, in such a way that one method (called the upper-level) serves as a carrier for the second one (called the lower-level). In our work we have used two steganographic algorithms. This paper presents a steganographic algorithm based on the spatial domain, Selected Least Significant Bits (SLSB) and Least Significant Bits (LSB). This method is further exploited to do a 3-level re-steganography to enhance security. We have performed some simulations by using MATLAB software on different possible combination of the SLSB and LSB. Finally in our analysis we have concluded the LSB–LSB –LSB combination result best than rest of the combinations.
KeywordsMulti-Level Steganography Selected Least Significant Bits Least Significant Bit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pan, X., Yan, B., Niu, K.: Multiclass Detect of Current Steganographic Methods for JPEG Format Based Re-stegnography. In: 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computer Control (ICACC), Shenyang, pp. 79–82. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, C.-M., Wu, N.-I., Tsai, C.-S., Hwang, M.-S.: A high quality steganographic method with pixel-value differencing and modulus function. Journal of Systems and Software, 1–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Fraczek, W., Mazurczyk, W., Szczypiorski, K.: Multi-Level Steganography: Improving Hidden Communication in Networks. In: arXiv:1101.4789v3 [cs.CR], CUL, pp. 1–8 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Neeta, D., Kesselman, K.S., Jacobs, D.: Implementation of LSB Steganography and Its Evaluation for Various Bits. In: 1st International Conference on Digital Information Management, Banglore, pp. 173–178. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Roque, J.J., Minguet, J.M.: SLSB: Improving the Steganographic Algorithm LSB. In: WOSIS, pp. 57–66. INSTICC Press (2009)Google Scholar