Privacy Preserving Data Mining
Now a day’s detailed personal data from large data bases is regularly collected and analyzed by many applications with data mining, some times sharing of these data is beneficial to the application users. On one hand it is an important asset to business organizations and governments for decision making at the same time analysing such data opens treats to privacy if not done properly. This work aims to reveal the information by protecting sensitive data. Various methods including Randomization, k-anonymity and data hiding have been suggested for the same. In this work, a novel technique is suggested that makes use of LBG design algorithm to preserve the privacy of data along with compression of data. Quantization will be performed on training data it will produce transformed data set. It provides individual privacy while allowing extraction of useful knowledge from data, Hence privacy is preserved. Bit Error rate and Distortion measures are used to analyze the accuracy of compressed data.
KeywordsPrivacy Vector quantization lbg
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Privacy Preserving Data Mining. In: Proc. of ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2000), Dallas, TX (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Evfimievski, A., Grandison, T.: Privacy Preserving Data Mining. IBM Almaden Research Center 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, USAGoogle Scholar
- 4.Oliveira, S.R.M., Zaiane Osmar, R.: A Privacy-Preserving Clustering Approach Toward Secure and Effective Data Analysis for Business Collaboration. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Privacy and Security Aspects of Data Mining in Conjunction with ICDM 2004, Brighton, UK (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.UCI Repository of machine learning databases, University of California, Irvine, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/
- 6.Wikipedia. Data mining, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datamining
- 7.Sinha, B.K.: Privacy preserving clustering in data miningGoogle Scholar
- 9.Somasundaram, K., Vimala, S.: A Novel Codebook Initialization Technique for Generalized Lloyd Algorithm using Cluster Density. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering 2(5), 1807–1809 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Somasundaram, K., Vimala, S.: Codebook Generation for Vector Quantization with Edge Features. CiiT International Journal of Digital Image Processing 2(7), 194–198 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Verykios, V.S., Bertino, E., Fovino, I.N.: State-of-the-art in Privacy Preserving Data Mining. SIGMOD Record 33(1) (March 2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Madhavi Latha, M., Satya Sai Ram, M., Siddaiah, P.: Multi Switched Split Vector Quantizer. International Journal of Computer, Information and Systems Science and Engineering 2(1)Google Scholar
- 13.Madhavi Latha, M., Satya Sai Ram, M., Siddaiah, P.: Multi Switched Split Vector Quantization. Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 27 (February 2008) ISSN 1307-6884Google Scholar
- 15.Atallah, M., Elmagarmid, A., Ibrahim, M., Bertino, E., Verykios, V.: Disclosure limitation of sensitive rules. In: Workshop on Knowledge and Data Engineering Exchange (1999)Google Scholar