Risk Measurement with CTP2 Parameters in Software Development Process
Organizational success in software industry is completely dependent on accomplishment in terms of successful project delivery that results in client satisfaction associated with end user requirements. This victory can be sustained if the IT industry is able to cope up with all the challenges involved in software development targeted towards either product development or providing a service. One of the major challenges that can be listed as a key encounter in software development is Risk. Growth of an industry can take up well-defined criteria with respect to attainment of success if Risk management implements an efficient technique. This risk has to be measured foremost in terms of Cost, Time, People and Process (CTP2) to understand the impact of the same in the project. This paper aims to classify various Risks based on the impact analysis which is conducted in terms of CTP2 . This mode of classification enables one to prioritize the risk in order to mitigate or deal with it effectively.
KeywordsRisk management Risk analysis Risk Factors Software Engineering Software Development Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Na, K.-S., Simpson, J.T., Li, X., Singh, T., Kim, K.-Y.: Software development risk and project performance measurement: Evidence in Korea. The Journal of Systems and Software, 596–605 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Moores, T., Champion, R.E.M.: A Methodology for Measuring the Risk Associated with a Software Requirements SpecificationGoogle Scholar
- 3.MuradChowdhury, A.A., Arefeen, S.: Software Risk Management: Importance and Practices. IJCIT 2 (2011) ISSN 2218- 5224Google Scholar
- 4.Research 2 (2012) ISSN PP: 2277-7970Google Scholar
- 5.Taroun, A., Yang, J.B., Lowe, D.: Construction Risk Modelling and Assessment: Insights from a Literature Review. The Built & Human Environment Review 4(1) (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Lima, A.M.: Risk Assessment on Distributed Software Projects. In: ACM/IEEE 32nd International Conference on Software Engineering, Cape Town, South Africa, May 2-8, pp. 349–350 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Bhujang, R.K., Suma, V.: Graphical Visualization of Risk Assessment for Effective Risk Management during Software Development Process. In: International Joint Conference on Emerging Intelligent Sustainable Technologies (EISTCON 2012), Bangalore, May 3-4, pp. 978–993 (2012) ISBN : 978-93-81693-76-6; Journal Reference - Cite as : arXiv:1210.1291v1 [cs.SE] also received the ‘Best Paper Award’ (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Bhujang, R.K., Suma, V.: A Study of Risk and CTP2 during Software Development Process. To be Indexed in IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Raju, P., Nirmala, R., Shruthi, R., Ravindra, A., Bhujang, R.K., Suma, V.: Risk Identification Tool for Cost and Time Parameters in Software Development. In: International Conference on Computer Science and Engineering, Article No:28, pp. 128–132. IRNet (2013) ISBN NO:978-93-83060-05-4Google Scholar
- 10.Bhujang, R.K., Raju, P., Nirmala, R., Shruthi, R., Ravindra, A., Suma, V.: Risk Prevention Technique In Software Development. In: International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Article No:19, pp. 86–90. ASAR: Asian Society For Academic Research (2013) ISBN NO:978-81-927147-3-8Google Scholar