Defect Detection Efficiency of the Combined Approach
Software Testing is the process of identifying the defects in the software and hence improving the quality of software. There are several testing techniques and combinations of these testing techniques existing. This paper discusses the defect detection efficiency of the combined approach of scripted and exploratory testing by comparing the projects which are done using only scripted testing and the combination of scripted and exploratory testing.
KeywordsSoftware testing combined approach scripted testing exploratory testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Prakash, V.G.: Testing efficiency exploited: Scripted versus exploratory testing. In: S. Sastra Univ., Thanjavur India 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT) (April 2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Gopalakrishnan Nair, T.R., Suma, V., Tiwari, P.K.: Analysis of Test Efficiency during Software Development Process. In: 2nd Annual International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications (SEA 2011) (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Andersson, C., Runeson, P.: Verification and validation in industry - a qualitative survey on the state of practice. In: Proceedings of International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering, pp. 37–47 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Berner, S., Weber, R.: Observations and Lessons Learned from Automated Testing. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 571–579 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.http://www.kaner.com/pdfs - ETatQAI
- 7.http://www.kaner.com/pdfs - Exploring Exploratory Testing
- 8.http://www.kaner.com/pdfs - QAIExploring