Addressing Analyzability in Terms of Object Oriented Design Complexity
This paper defines analyzability in terms of design complexity. A model has been developed to evaluate analyzability in terms of object oriented design complexity. The evolved model has also been implemented and validated with realistic data. An experimental data shows the impact of design complexity on analyzability of software in accordance with its anticipated influence and importance.
KeywordsAnalyzability Complexity Object oriented design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wysopal, C.: Building Security into Your software Development Lifecycle (January 30, 2008), http://www.scmagazineus.com/building-security-into-your-software-development-lifecycle/article/104705/
- 2.Software Technologies for Embedded and Ubiquitous Systems, 1st edn. Springer (November 14, 2007) ISBN-10: 3540756639Google Scholar
- 3.International Organization for Standardization. ISO/IEC 9126-1: Software Engineering-product Quality-Part-1: Quality Model (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Perepletechikov, M., Ryan, C., Tari, Z.: The Impact of SERVICE Cohesion on the Analyzability of Service Oriented Software. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing 3(2) (April-June 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Khan, S.A., Khan, R.A.: Analyzability Quantification Model of Object Oriented Design. In: International Conference on Computer, Communication, Control and Information Technology, C3IT 2012, vol. 4, pp. 536–542. Published in Science Direct by Elsevier, Procedia Technology (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Bouwers, E., Pedro Correia, J., van Deursen, A., Visser, J.: Quantifying the Analyzability of Software Architectures. In: WICSA 2011. Technical Report Series Report TUD-SERG-2011-005 (2011) ISSN 1872-5392Google Scholar
- 9.Kiewkanya, M.: Measuring Object-Oriented Software Maintainability in Design Phase Using Structural Complexity and Aesthetic Metrics. PhD thesis, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Mustaf, K., Khan, R.A.: Quality Metric Development Framework. Journal of Computer Science 1(3), 437–444 (2005) ISSN: 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 11.Olivas, G.M.J., Piattini, M., Romero, F.: A Controlled Experiment for Corroborating the Usefulness of Class Diagram Metrics at the early phases of Object Oriented Developments. In: Proceedings of ADIS 2001, Workshop on Decision Support in Software Engineering (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Genero, M., Piattini, M., Calero, C.: An Empirical Study to Validate Metrics for Class Diagrams, web reference: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.11.4858