Modified Clustered Approach for Performance Escalation of Distributed Real-Time System
In Distributed Real-Time Systems the execution of computational tasks must be completed within time else catastrophe may ensue. This constraint can be achieved by optimal task allocation in DRTS. In the process of task allocation, an appropriate and efficient load sharing strategies can improve the performance of distributed system. In this paper an efficient, two level clustering approach has been proposed. The initial level of clustering will be done on the basis of execution cost and inter task communication cost and second at the stage of task allocation. In the allocation of tasks a more scalable active approach is being followed which iteratively refines the performance of DRTS. The proposed model has been simulated in MATLAB 7.11.0. Two examples have been demonstrated to illustrate the model and algorithm for performance improvement in distributed system.
KeywordsDistributed Real-Time System Task Allocation Load Sharing Clustering Execution Cost
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hou, C., Shin, K.: Load shaing wiht consideration of future task arrivals in heterogeneous real time system. In: Real Time Systems Symposiun (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Shin, K., Krishna, C., Lee, Y.: A unified method for evaluating real time computer controllers and its applications. IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr. (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Gu, D.: Resource Management for Dynamic, Distributed Real-Time Systems. Russ College of Engineering and Technology (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Lo, M., Dandamudi, S.P.: Performance of Hierarchical Load Sharing in Heterogeneous Distributed Systems. Appears in Proc. Int. Conf. Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems, Dijon, France (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Imtiaz, S.: Architectural Task Allocation in Distributed Environment: A Traceability, pp. 1515–1518. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Barroso, A., Torreão, J., Leite, J., Loques, O.: A Heuristic Approach to Task Allocation in Real-Time Distributed Systems. Brazilian Research Funding Agencies CNPq, Finep and Faperj, BrazilGoogle Scholar
- 8.Vidyarth, D.P., Tripathi, A.K., Sarker, B.K., Dhawan, A., Yang, L.T.: Cluster-Based Multiple Task Allocation in Distributed Computing System. In: International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar, H.: A Task Allocation Model for Distributed Data Network. Journal of Mathematical Sciences 1(4), 379–392 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Aravind, H., Rajgopal, C., Soman, K.P.: A simple Approach to Clustering in Excel. International Journal of Computer Application 11(7) (December 2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Masera, M., Fovino, I.N.: Methodology for Experimental ICT Industrial and Critical Infrastructure Security Tests. In: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (2009)Google Scholar