Outliers Detection in Regression Analysis Using Partial Least Square Approach
Identifying abnormal behavior in the chosen dataset is essential for improving the quality of the given dataset and decreasing the impact of abnormal values/patterns in the knowledge discovery process. Outlier detection may be established in many data mining techniques. In this paper Regression analysis have been used to detect the outliers. Partial Least Square approach is mainly used in regression analysis. Laser dataset has been used to find out the outliers. The main objective is used for constructing predictive models. The Mahalanobis distance, Jackknife distance and T2 distance were calculated for finding the outliers.
KeywordsOutliers Regression classification correlation least squares
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aggarwal, C.C.: An Introduction to Outlier AnalysisGoogle Scholar
- 2.Hawkins, D.: Identification of outliers. Chapman and Hall, Reading (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.PrasantaGogoi, D.K., Bhattacharyya, B.B., Kalita, J.K.: A Survey of Outlier Detection Methods in Network Anomaly Identification (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, P., Zhu, Q., Zhong, X.: Subtractive Clustering Based RBF Neural Network Model for Outlier Detection (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Ferdousi, Z., Maeda, A.: Anomaly Detection Using Unsupervised Profiling Method in Time Series Dataciteseerx (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Bao, Z.: A Novel Proposal for Outlier Detection in High Dimensional Space. In: Proceeding SIGMOD 2001, Proceedings of the 2001 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 37–46 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Dallal, G.E.: Regression Diagnostics (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Universidad Carlos III de Madrid,Regression Methods: An introduction to R Language (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Rousseeuw, P.J., Leroy, A.M.: Robust Regression And Outlier Detection. John Wiley & Sons (2005)Google Scholar