Performance Analysis of Asynchronous Periodic Pattern Mining Algorithms
Periodic pattern is a pattern that repeats itself with a specific period in a given sequence. Patterns that occur frequently with strict periodicity in one or more subsequences separated by tolerable disturbance are called asynchronous periodic patterns. Longest Subsequence Identification (LSI) is the pioneering algorithm to mine asynchronous periodic patterns. For each asynchronous periodic pattern the algorithm detects the longest subsequence containing it. Simple Multiple Complex and Asynchronous periodic pattern miner (SMCA) is a four phase algorithm that detects all the subsequences containing asynchronous periodic patterns. One Event One Pattern (OEOP) algorithm uses a linked list structure to detect single event one patterns in a single scan of a sequence. OEOP can be used to replace the first phase of SMCA for data sets like data streams. When compared to SMCA, E-MAP can efficiently mine all patterns in a single step and single scan of the sequence in the presence of large primary memory.
Keywordsasynchronous periodic pattern periodic pattern sequence mining data streams temporal databases
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dong, G., Pei, J.: Sequence Data Mining. Advances in Database Systems. Springer science (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Srikant, R., Agarwal, R.: Mining sequential patterns: Generalizations and Performance Improvements. In: 5th International Conference on Extending Database Technology, Avignon, France, pp. 3–17 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Han, J., Kamber, M.: Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, W., Yang, J.: Mining Sequential Patterns from Large Data Sets. Advances in Database Systems, vol. 28. Springer Science (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Yeh, J.S., Lin, S.C.: A New Data Structure for Asynchronous Periodic Pattern Mining. In: 3rd International Conerence on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication, New York, pp. 426–431 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Maqbool, F., Bashir, S., Baig, A.R.: E-MAP: Efficiently Mining Asynchronous Periodic Patterns. International Journal Computer Science and Network Security 6, 174–179 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.National Center for Biotechnology Information, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/