Phosphorous Doped Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon Carbide Films Deposited by Filtered Cathodic Vacuum Arc Technique
In the present work, we report the growth and characterization of phosphorous doped hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide (a-SiC: H) films deposited by filtered cathodic vacuum arc technique using solid silicon target as cathode in presence of acetylene gas. The films have been characterized by x-ray diffraction, dark conductivity, activation energy, optical band gap, scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive x-ray analysis and residual stress. The effect of arc current on the properties of P doped a-SiC: H films have been studied.
KeywordsP doped a-SiC: H Scanning electron microscopy X-ray diffraction Dark conductivity Activation energy Optical band gap Residual stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to Prof. R. C. Budhani, Director, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi (India) for his kind permission to publish this work. We thank to Mr. K. N. Sood for SEM micrographs and EDAX results, to Dr. V. P. S. Awana for providing XRD patterns and to Dr. Sushil Kumar for useful discussion. Mr. R. K. Tripathi is grateful to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India for providing financial assistant during the course of this work.
- 1.P. M. Sarro, Sensor and Actuators 82, 210, (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Wang, Y. Tong, Z. Xu, W. Li, P. Yan, Y. W. Chung, Mater. Lett. 97, 37, (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.W. A de Heer, Phys. Scr. T146, 014004, (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.P.C. Chen. J. Xu, H. Chen, C. Zhou, Nano Res. 4, 290, (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Y. Lien, K. W. Weng, J. J. Huang, C. H. Hsu, C. T. Shen, C. C. Wang, Y.S. Lin, D. S. Wuu, D. C. Wu, Current App. Phys. 11, S21-S24, (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.N. Yoshida, S. Terazawa, A. Takeuchi, N. Yoneyama, T. Morino, Z. Jun, H. Natsuhara, S. Nonomura, Phys. Sta. Sol. C, 7, 790, (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.G. G. Stoney, Proc. Royal Soc. London Ser. A 82 172(1909).Google Scholar
- 10.Standard data, JCPDS Card numbers 892216, 772111.Google Scholar