Encapsulation of SiNWs Array with Diamond-like Nanocomposite Thin Film for Ultra-low Reflection
Silicon nanowire (SiNW) arrays were synthesized using single step metal assisted chemical etching (SSMACE) method on n-type mono crystalline silicon. The effect of encapsulation of SiNW arrays with diamond-like nanocomposite (DLN) deposited by plasma assisted chemical vapor deposition (PACVD) method has been investigated. The structural and optical properties of SiNW and DLN thin film has been studied using FESEM, FTIR and UV–VIS-NIR spectroscopy. A very low (3–4 %) and high broadband (300–1,000 nm) reflection has been achieved from SiNWs array. However, after deposition of DLN thin film on nanowire array, the reflection further reduces significantly to 1.7 %. The SiNW arrays encapsulated with DLN thin film has a great potential to use in solar cell.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors would like to thank Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, TIG for providing the infrastructural support to carry out research activity in this area. Authors are also very grateful to Prof. H. Saha, Prof. S. Dutt, Prof. R. Bhattacharya, Miss Sonali Das and Mr. Avra Kundu of CEGESS, BESU for continuous encouraging during experiment. Finally, authors gratefully acknowledge the DST, Govt. of India for financial support for carrying out solar cell related research activity.
- 3.Hyunsung Park & Kenneth B. Crozier, Scientific Reports 3, 2013, 2460.Google Scholar
- 4.Mehedhi Hasan, Md Fazlul Huq and Zahid Hasan Mahmood, Springer Plus 2013, 2:151.Google Scholar
- 6.Alexei Deinega and Sajeev John, J. Appl. Phys. 112, 2012, 074327.Google Scholar
- 7.Adachi MM, Anantram MP, Karim KS, Sci Rep. 2013;3:1546.Google Scholar
- 9.ZhipengHuang, Nadine Geyer,Peter Werner, Johannes de Boor, and Ulrich Gösele, Adv. Mater. 2011, 23, 285–308.Google Scholar
- 11.U. Gangopadhyay, S. Jana, S. Das, P. Ghosh, A. Mondal, J. Renewable Sustainable Energy 5, 2013, 031607.Google Scholar
- 12.Šarūnas Meskinis, et al, Materials Science, 17, 2011, 358.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Jana, S. Das, U. Gangopadhyay, A. Mondal, P. Ghosh, Advances in Tribology, 2013, 352387.Google Scholar