Advanced AlGaN/GaN Resonant Tunneling Diode on Silicon Substrate for Negligible Scattering and Polarization effects
In this work we have proposed an advanced AlGaN/GaN resonant tunneling diode (RTD) structure on silicon substrate which introduces modulation doped emitter collector regions and graded spacer layers. An analytical model has been presented to predict the variation of transmission coefficient (Tc) with different scattering phenomena. The physical interpretations of this structure define negligible scattering effects and polarization induced field. Simulated results show an improved current voltage (I–V) characteristics as well as high peak to valley current ratio (PVCR).
KeywordsAlGaN/GaN Resonant tunneling diode Scattering Polarization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors of IIT Kharagpur would like to acknowledge ENS Project, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) Government of India for the project funding.
- 2.S. Leconte, S. Golka, G. Pozzovivo, G. Strasser, T. Remmele, M. Albrecht, and E. Monroy, Phys. Status Solidi C 5, 431 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Hermann, E. Monroy, A. Helman, B. Baur, M. Albrecht, B. Daudin, O.Ambacher, M. Stutzmann, and M. Eickhoff, Phys. Status Solidi C 1, 2210 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Leconte, S. Golka, G. Pozzovivo, G. Strasser, T. Remmele, M. Albrecht, and E. Monroy, Phys. Status Solidi C 5, 431 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.Z. Vashaei, C. Bayram, and M. Razeghi, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 083505 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Grundmann, The physics of semiconductors, 2nd edition, (Springer, Leipzig, 2010).Google Scholar
- 10.B.G. Streetman and S.Banerjee, Solid State Electronic Devices, 2nd edition, (Prentice Hall, India, 1986).Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Fu, Q. Chen, M. Willander, H. Brugger and U. Meiners, J. Appl. Phys. 74, 1874 (1993).Google Scholar