A Quantum Analytical Model for Inversion Current in Short Channel DMDG SON MOSFET
DMDG MOSFET, a promising alternative to conventional CMOS devices, has evolved from extensive research in the present era. In our present work we have incorporated quantum mechanical effects on DMDG SON MOSFET because these effects became significant factors in deca-nanometer scale. Here, we have studied the current voltage characteristics of DMDG SON MOSFET incorporating the quantum mechanical effects. For maximum charge inversion in the channel, minimum value of surface potential is considered to calculate charge and corresponding current along the channel.
KeywordsDual material double gate (DMDG) Drain current Quantization Minimum surface potential Silicon on nothing (SON)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Weste, Principles of CMOS VLSI Design, A System Perspective. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2003, ch. 2 .Google Scholar
- 2.S. Sarkhel, S. Naha, Subir Kumar Sarkar, “Reduced SCEs in Fully Depleted Dual-Material Double-Gate (DMDG) SON MOSFET: Analytical Modeling and Simulation,” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, vol. 3, issue 6, pp. 1-5, June. 2012.Google Scholar
- 3.B.Manna, S.Sarkhel, N.Islam, S.Naskar and Subir Kumar Sarkar,” Spatial Composition Grading of Binary Metal Alloy Gate Electrode Short-Channel SOI/SON MOSFET Application”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 59, no. 12, December 2012Google Scholar
- 4.S. Deb, N. B. Singh, N. Islam and Subir Kumar Sarkar, “Work Function Engineering With Linearly Graded Binary Metal Alloy Gate Electrode for Short-Channel SOI MOSFET”, IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 3280-3287, Dec. 2012.Google Scholar
- 7.Daniela Munteanu, Jean-Luc Autran, Xavier Loussier, Samuel Harrison, Robin Cerutti and Thomas Skotnicki “Quantum Short-Channel Compact Modeling of Drain-Current in Double-Gate MOSFET” Proceedings of ESSDERC, Grenoble, France, 2005Google Scholar
- 8.M. J.Kumar and A. Chaudhry, “Two-dimensional analytical modeling of fully depleted dual-material gate (DMG) SOI MOSFET and evidence for diminished short-channel effects,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 569–574, Apr. 2004Google Scholar