Modeling and Simulation of Package Inductance for Pulsed IMPATT Diodes with Integrated Beam Lead Structure
High Power Pulsed IMPATT diodes are now being fabricated with Integrated Beam Lead Structure for top electrical contact inside diode package to obtain higher output power, greater bondability and better Thermal Dissipation. Relatively lower package Impedance of Beam lead structure ensures better device circuit interaction. The authors have introduced a novel analytical method based on HFSS software to predict the value of Package Impedance of a Beam Lead Structure as well as its dependence on dimensional parameters.
KeywordsIMPATT Package impedance Beam lead structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors would like to acknowledge the constant support and guidance extended by Dr. P. Datta, Director, CMSDS. The authors would also like to express their gratitude to Mr. Arijit Majumder, Officer in Charge, SAMEER Kolkata, for his invaluable inputs.
- 1.Qi Xiaoning, PhD Dissertation, Stanford Univ (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Gala K., Zolotov V., Panda R., Young B., Wang J., Blaauw D., Motorola Inc. (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Khandelwal, D. D. Microwave J., 25, p. 81 (1982)Google Scholar
- 4.Pierzina, R., Freyer, J., Electronics Letters, 21, 20, 913 (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.HFSS User guideGoogle Scholar
- 6.T. T. Fong, P. Weller, and David L. English, IEEE Trans. on MTT, MTT-24, 11, 752 (1976)Google Scholar
- 7.U. C. Ray, A. K. Gupta, M. N. Sen, Int. J. of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, 11, 8, 947 (1990)Google Scholar