Bipolar Attributes of Unipolar Junctionless MOSFETs
In this work, we present an analysis of bipolar effects in unipolar junctionless (JL) MOSFETs. The reason for dominant bipolar behavior in JL devices in comparison to inversion mode devices has been analyzed. Bipolar induced effects such as steep subthreshold slope, hysteresis in transfer and output characteristics, single transistor latch, and snapback are presented. Results will be useful for identifying advantages and challenges of JL transistors for dynamic memory applications.
KeywordsJunctionless MOSFET Bipolar Hysteresis
This work is supported by the Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, under Grant SR/S3/EECS/0130/2011.
- 1.C-.W. Lee et al., Applied Physics Lett., vol. 94, 053511, 2009.Google Scholar
- 2.C.-W. Lee et al., Applied Physics Lett., vol. 96, 102106, 2010.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Kranti et al., Electronics Lett., vol. 46, pp. 1491-1493, 2010.Google Scholar
- 6.M.S. Parihar et al., IEEE Trans. Elect. Dev., vol. 60, pp. 1540-1546, 2013.Google Scholar
- 7.ATLAS Users Manual, Silvaco.Google Scholar
- 8.K.E. Moselund et al., Solid-State Electron., vol. 52, pp. 1336-1344, 2008.Google Scholar