Development of GaAs Hyperabrupt Schottky Varactor Diode using Ion-Implanted Active Layer on SI GaAs
We report here the fabrication of ion implanted GaAs hyperabrupt varactor diode that can be integrated in MMIC process. Varactor diodes with constant sensitivity γ of 0.55–0.65 with Cmax/Cmin varying from 2.5 to 3.5 have been fabricated. Varactors diode geometries with different anode lengths, anode width, single and multiple finger anodes with device area varying from 50 to 6,000 μm2 were fabricated. The breakdown voltage of >10 V have been obtained for all the different value capacitors ranging from 0.16 to 11.2 pF.
KeywordsHyperabrupt Schottky varactor diode Ion implanted active layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors wish to thank Director, Solid State Physics Laboratory for his kind permission to publish this paper. They also would also like to thank the whole GaAs Fabline team for their support and encouragement.
- 1.M.H Norwood and E. Shatz, Proceeding of the IEEE, 56, 788 (1968)Google Scholar
- 2.R.A. Moline and G.F. Foxhall, IEEE trans. on Elect. Dev., 17, 267 (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.M. S. Taygi and A. K. Gupta, IEEE trans. on Elect. Dev., 24, 1261 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Muralidharan, Int. Workshop on the Physics of semiconductor devices, Devices, Dec. 16-20, 2007, Mumbai, p 303Google Scholar
- 5.B. Scott and G. Brehm, IEEE trans. on. MTT, 30, 2172 (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.G. Brehm, B. Scott and F. Doerbeck, IEEE Microwave and Millimeter Wave Symp. 57 1982Google Scholar