Design and Fabrication of GaN HEMT Based Power Amplifier
This paper discusses the design and measurement of highly efficient GaN HEMT based power amplifier at L Band. Large signal parameters including PAE and power output are presented at an operating frequency of 1 GHz. High efficiency >82 % is achieved by terminating the harmonics at the input as well as at the output and a high output power of 5.2 W is achieved by impedance matching or tuning technique.
KeywordsPower amplifier GaN HEMT Power added efficiency
- 1.U.K. Mishra, L. Shen, T.E. Kazior, Y.F. Wu, “GaN-Based RF Power devices and Amplifiers”, IEEE, p.287-305, (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.M. G. E. Din, S. Mohammadabad, B. Geck, “Efficiency Enhancement of Class-F GaN Power Amplifiers Using Load Modulation “German Microwave Conference, 114 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.J.Y. Kim, D.S. Oh, J.H. Kim, “Design of a harmonically tuned class-F power amplifier’, IEEE conferences, 1 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.K. S. Tsang “Class-F Power Amplifier with Maximized PAE”, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Grebennikov, “High-Efficiency Transmission-Line GaN HEMT Inverse Class F Power Amplifier for Active Antenna Arrays”, Asia PacificMicrowave Conference, 317 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.Cree,”CGH40010”,Rev3.1,2006-2011[online] www.cree.com/wireless.