Synthesis of Cubic Indium Oxide Thin Film by Microwave Irradiation
The indium metal thin films were deposited at room temperature by dc magnetron sputtering on glass substrate. This indium thin film is post-treated with microwave irradiation at ambient atmosphere to convert it into the In2O3 thin film. Indium oxide (In2O3) thin film was successfully synthesized on glass substrate by using microwave irradiation. This method has advantages over the conventional heating method because it takes lesser treatment time, and the quality of film is better. The effect of microwave irradiation for different time was studied by XRD and UV–VIS spectroscopy. X-ray diffraction result shows the presence of cubic phases in synthesized In2O3 thin film without any significant impurity. Optical spectroscopy measurements show a large optical transparency, greater than 60 %. This In2O3 thin film is highly suitable for the transparent conducting oxide, solar cell and gas sensor applications.
KeywordsIn2O3 thin film Cubic In2O3 Dc magnetron sputtering Microwave irradiation and transparent conducting oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Moon, Y. Shin, K. Kang, S.H. Park and H.Ju, Journal of the Korean Physics society, 47(1), 148(2005).Google Scholar
- 3.S.Zh. Karazhanov, P.Ravindran, P.Vajeeston, A. Ulyashin, T.G. Finstad and H. Fjellvagl, Physical Review B, 76,075129 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Klein, C. Korber, A. Wachau, F. Sauberlich, Y. Gassenbauer, S.T. Harvey, D.E. Priffit and T.O. Mason, Materials, 3, 4892(2010).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Minami, S. Takata, T. Kakumu, Journal of vacuum science and technology A: vacuum, surface and films, 14, 1689(1996).Google Scholar
- 9.I. Hotovy, T. Kups, J. hotovy, J.Liday,D. Buc, M. Caplovicova, V. Rehacek, H. Sitter, C. Simbrunner, A. Bonnani and L. Spiess, Journal of Electrical Engineering, 61(6), 382(2010).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Xu, Y. Chen and J. Shen, Mater. letters, 62, 1368 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Gurlo, M. Ivanovskaya, A.Pfau, U. Weimar and W. Gopel, Thin film solids,307,288(1997).Google Scholar
- 14.S.T. Tan, B.J. Chen, X.W.Sun, X.Hu, X.H. Zhang and S.J. Chua, Journal of crystal growth (to be published).Google Scholar
- 15.J. Tauc, Amorphous and Liquid Semiconductor (Plenum, Landon, 1974).Google Scholar
- 16.E.A. David and N.F. Mott, Philos. Mag. 22, 903(1970).Google Scholar