Optimizing the Optical Properties of ZnO Nanoparticles with Al Doping
This paper reports on the structural and optical properties of Al with different doping concentrations on ZnO nanoparticles prepared through Sol–Gel method. The XRD results revealed the wurtzite structure of ZnO without any secondary phase related to Al. The absorption spectrum of the sample exhibited an absorption in UV region and the Photoluminescence properties of Al doped ZnO were studied.
KeywordsZnO nano particles Sol–gel method UV–Vis Photo luminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors wish to thank Prof. S.P.Tiwari, Dean, School of Physics, University of Hyderabad (UOH) for providing XRD facility.
- 1.P. A. Rodnyi and I. V. Khodyuk, Optical and Luminescence Properties of Zinc Oxide, Opt spectrosc+ 111, 776-785Google Scholar
- 4.R. SaravanaKumar, R.Sathyamoorthy, P.Sudhagar, P.Matheswaran, C.P. Hrudhya, Y S Kang, Effect of aluminum doping on the structural and luminescent properties of ZnO nanoparticles synthesized by wet chemical method, Physica E 43 (2011) 1166–1170Google Scholar
- 5.Samanta C, Stefania A, L Forni, F Peri, D Lazzari, Solvothermal synthesis and properties control of doped ZnO nanoparticles, J Colloid Interf Sci 329 (2009) 73-80.Google Scholar
- 6.K. SowriBabu, A.RamachandraReddy, Ch.Sujatha, K.VenugopalReddy, Optimization of UV emission intensity of ZnO nanoparticles by changing the excitation wavelength, Mater Lett., 99 (2013) 97-100.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Z. Nursyahadah, Syahidah S. Nurul, Z. Azlan, and Mahesh T. Kumar, Effect of Magnesium Doping on Structural and Optical Properties of ZnO Nanoparticles Synthesized by Mechanochemical Processing, AIP Conf. Proc. 1328, 211 (2011); doi: 10.1063/1.3573732.
- 9.Raghvendra S. Yadav *, Priya Mishra, Avinash C. Pandey, Growth mechanism and optical property of ZnO nanoparticles synthesized by sonochemical method, Ultra Sonochem, 15(2008) 863-868.Google Scholar
- 13.B. Srinivada Rao, B. Rajesh Kumar, V. Rajagopal Reddy, T. Subba Rao, Preparation and characterization of Cds nanoparticles by chemical co-precipitation technique, 8 (2011) 177-185Google Scholar