Synthesis of Vertical Graphene by Microwave Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition Technique
Vertical graphene was synthesized on nickel substrate using microwave plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition technique by varying gas pressure from 5 to 30 Torr under various mixing ratios of argon, hydrogen and methane. The Raman spectra show two major fingerprints of graphene, 2D peak at 2,700 cm−1 and G peak 1,580 cm−1. Scanning electron microscopy microstructure revealed flower like graphene structure which could find applications in gas sensing and field emission due to high surface-to-volume ratio.
KeywordsGraphene Microwave plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition Raman spectroscopy Scanning electron microscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to Prof. R. C. Budhani, Director, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi (India), for his kind permission to publish this paper. They wish to thank Mr. A. K. Sood for providing the SEM micrographs, Mr. Sandeep Singh for providing AFM micrograph and R. K. Tripathi, for his help and useful discussion. Mr. Atul Bisht and Mr. Ajay Kumar Kesarwani are grateful to the University Grant Commission (UGC) and Council of Scientific Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India, respectively, for financial assistance during the course of this work.
- 2.K. Novoselov, A. Geim, S. Morozov, D. Jiang, Y. Zhang, S. Dubonos, I. Grigorieva, A. Firsov, Science, 306, 666 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Kobayashi, M. Tanimura, H. Nakai, A. Yoshimura, H. Yoshimura, K. Kojima and M. Tachibana, J. Appl. Phys., 101, 094306 (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Kurita, A. Yoshimura, H. Kawamoto, T. Uchida, K. Kojima, M. Tachibana, P. Molina Morales, H. Nakai, J. Appl. Phys., 97, 104320 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.Z. H. Ni, H. M. Fan, Y. P. Feng, Z. X. Shen, B. J. Yangand, Y. H. Wu, J. Chem. Phys., 124, 204703 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.I. Levchenko, K. Ostrikov, A. E. Rider, E. Tam, S. V. Vladimirov, S. Xu, Phys. Plasmas, 14, 063502 (2007).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Hiramatsu, Y. Nihashi, H. Kondo, M. Hori, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 45, 5522 (2006).Google Scholar