Field-Emission Study of Carbon Nanotubes Grown by Low Pressure Chemical Vapour Deposition on Single and Dual Layer of Catalyst
In the present research work, CNTs are synthesized by Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition (LPCVD) method at 600 °C. The Si substrate is coated with Ni (single layer) in one sample and Ni over Cr layer (dual layer) as a catalyst on the other sample by using RF- sputtering method. Three precursor gases Acetylene (C2H2), Ammonia (NH3) and Hydrogen (H2) with flow rates 10, 50 and 50 sccm respectively are allowed to flow through the tube reactor for 20 min. Acetylene is used as source gas and Ammonia to etch the amorphous carbon and for the further reduction of catalyst size. The as grown CNTs sample was characterized by Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Raman. Raman Spectra show the graphitic nature of CNTs grown on dual layer of catalyst. Field enhancement factor is increased in the dual layer coated samples.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Thanks are due to Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Ministry of Communication and Information Technology), Government of India for providing financial assistance in form of Major Research Project.
- 1.S.Fan,M.Chapline, N.Franklin, T.Tombler, A.Cassell, H.Dai, Science 283 (1999) 512.Google Scholar
- 2.Y.J.Jung, S.Kar,S.Talapatra, C.Soldano, G.Viswanathan, X.S.Li, Z.L.Yao,F.S.Ou, A.Avadhanula, R.Vajtai, S.Curran, O.Nalamasu, P.M.Ajayan, Nano Lett, 6(2006) 413.Google Scholar
- 7.C.J.Lee, D.W.Kim, T.J.Lee, Y.C.Choi, Y.S.Park, Y.H.Lee, Chem. Phys. Lett. 1999; 312: 461-08.Google Scholar
- 9.S.Fan, M.Chapline, N.Franklin, T.Tombler, A.Cassell, H.Dai, Science 1999; 283:512-14.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Ali, A. Kumar, S. Husain, M. Husain, “Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Lett., Vol. 3(2011) pp. 175-178.Google Scholar